Pain

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Penny

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Has anyone experienced a pinching type pain in the heart area prior to having surgery? I get these little annoying pinching sensations and it feels like it is right in my heart. Same place everytime it does it.

Penny, I add my voice to Lyn's. If you have chest pain, report it to your Doctor. Chest pain is probably the most serious symptom of a failing valve. I certainly have experienced things that my Cardio dismissed out of hand as unrelated to my heart but before I spoke with him I didn't know if it was significant. When I began feeling chest pain radiating across the chest he went into high gear and called me back personally within half an hour of my report. Let your Cardio make that determination.

Larry

No I haven't, it isn't a constant pain it is just periodically it happens (2 or 3 times a day) so I didn't really put any thought into it. Of course now any little thing makes me wonder.

Since t is happening a couple times a day, I would definately talk to your doctor about it. Its better to be over cautious, than under.

Sorry, I'm just trying to determine if you can feel or not. :biggrin2: I promise I won't do it too often.

well the nagging little pains are still there. I went into emerg tonight and they said it is unrelated. They did a ECG and that was pretty much it. Not very impressed so I will just have to wait it out. Told me it isn't typical heart pain so watch for a rash, might be shingles. If it continues I am going back in and not leaving until I see someone who knows about hearts. Grrrrrr very frustrating.

well the nagging little pains are still there. I went into emerg tonight and they said it is unrelated. They did a ECG and that was pretty much it. Not very impressed so I will just have to wait it out. Told me it isn't typical heart pain so watch for a rash, might be shingles. If it continues I am going back in and not leaving until I see someone who knows about hearts. Grrrrrr very frustrating.

Three weeks ago you stated that tou probably needed surgery within a month I think you said a muthful in the highlighted woprds above

IF THAT DOES NOT WORK TELL THEM IT IS MAKING YOU SING LIKE THIS

sorry but its late in Ontario and I'm getting punchy

Hope you are feeling better and PENNY SMILE

Hmmm..I actually seem to remember having those pinch-y type sensations before I had surgery. For what it is worth, you will soon have those sensations replaced by lots of other sensations like sternum wires, healing stitches, and if you get a mechanical valve, the tick-tick-tick of the new valve. We are alive! Hooray!

I would call your cardiologist that knows you and your heart, you probably don't want to go to the ER (unless you need to for life threatning issue) this close to surgery it is too full of germs and too easy to catch something. The last thing you want is to get sick and have to post pone surgery

Lyn I was thinking about that when I was there.. all those people in there I just wanted to get out asap..
Maryka thanks for your post gives me some comfort knowing that someone else has had this same thing happen to them. I am supposed to be chatting with my surgeon tomorrow on the phone so I will ask her then about this.
Thanks everyone for you help.

I get those short, small pains under my left breast area. They are not there long and don't hurt much. They feel more like indigestion to me. They kept asking me in the hospital how much pain it was - I said a 1 out of 10. It never stays long, so I never paid much attention to it. After 4 days of monitoring in the hospital, they were not very worried about mine. I had a bunch of ekgs and my heart cath. Guess they feel all is OK until Aug 9. Since you were not just under 4 days of observation like I was, I would say it is always best to talk to your doctor. Do you have a cardiololgist? I now have one besides my family doctor. I am new to all of this. My cardiac surgeon is in Clevealnd, so he is 3 1/2 hours from me. I haven't met him yet.

Latest posts

Back