Over the hump

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this crappy feeling typical and are other people just doing that much better?

That describes how I felt sometimes. I wasn't in pain but just didn't feel well, yet the pain medicine helped with this - a lot.

Sten, congrats on your successful surgery!

Wishing you a continued bump free recovery Sten. BTW love the screen name lol.

That describes how I felt sometimes. I wasn't in pain but just didn't feel well, yet the pain medicine helped with this - a lot.

Sten, congrats on your successful surgery!

I experienced this yesterday. Since I didn't have much pain and could still run the spirometer right to the top, I stopped taking vicodin for most of the day. Well, I just started feeling worse and worse until all I could do was lay on the couch. My wife suggested that I take a vicodin and about 30 minutes later, I started feeling much better.

canon4me, I had cough (which lasted for 2 monthes), but not headache or nausea. But I took Ibuprofen 3 times a day, and Advil whenever I had a headache or any other pain.

Re: Over the hump

Well, now eleven days post surgery, I no longer need any pain killers. My daily walk is up to four miles. I think my recovery is going well (knock on wood), at least in part, because I was not on the heart/lung machine very long, since they only replaced the valve.

Sten, I'm not there yet because I've had a couple of setbacks, but I couldn't be any happier for you and wishing you continued progress.

Jon

Well, now eleven days post surgery, I no longer need any pain killers. My daily walk is up to four miles. I think my recovery is going well (knock on wood), at least in part, because I was not on the heart/lung machine very long, since they only replaced the valve.

GREAT news!!!!!

Latest posts

Back