Over the hump

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great to hear!

my pain on the last surgery is best described as strongly present but not sharp.

except if I sneezed of coughed

best wishes

Re: Over the hump

Thanks everyone!
Yesterday I borrowed a stethoscope so I could listen to the new valve........a reassuring little click was heard.

Glad to hear things are moving along well for you. Hoping for a smooth recovery from here on. Going home was the best part for me, things started to get better fast. Take care.

I don't know about you guys, but the pain wasn't big a deal except I have not lived long enough to experience a sneeze caught off guard. I guess that will humble even the biggest giant. I do, however, take some pain meds at night about 11:00 pm to experience a better sleep.

Re: Over the hump

I've been taking vicodan every four hours, but I think I can start stretching that out. I'm using the incentive spirometer as a pain gage.

Today was my first full day at home. Last night, I fell asleep on the couch but later woke up and went to my regular bed. It was sort of strange...........I was very aware of my heart. It seemed to be beating too hard. Not fast, just too hard. Then, I fell asleep again. This morning I went for a little walk; maybe about 1/2 mile. Took a couple of naps and then just did a 1.5 mile walk.

I just got home today from the hospital following my AVR and unfortunately I don't feel a dime's bit better today than yesterday. Persistent little breath-taking tickle cough, a feeling of a headache and fever, but thermometer never says over 99. Is this crappy feeling typical and are other people just doing that much better?

Latest posts

Back