Ottawagal's AVR: October 27th, 2009

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will be here waiting for you.. try to have a nice evening with your family, and go in with your head up! You will have a successful surgery, and you have alot of people cheering you on here.

Thank you for the wonderful support and best wishes.
OK...I am not going to lie. I was holding up pretty well this week and trying to stay positive for my family. However, at this moment I am having a hard time based on the telephone call from pre-op this am. I spoke with the pre-op nurse and one of the urine tests came back fine and one inconclusive (this is the second time around and a follow up from my last thread).

The surgeon has to make the final call as to whether to go ahead with my surgery tomorrow morning. He is in the OR all day, so I won't know until supper and I am supposed to be at the hospital for 6 am. tomorrow. I am climbing the walls and feeling a little weepy. I know you all get this and thanks for once again letting me vent and your understanding.

Oh, sweetie, I'm so sorry. It's tough when you KNOW you are going in, but to not be sure, and having to gird yourself up time after time is doubly hard. If the doctor delays it, know he is doing that for your long term health.

I hope u get the news that its a go for tomorrow. You must be having a real hard time not knowing. I know I would. Not to mention that its been pushed off before. Try to take it easy. Hoping you are able to get the surgery finally and get this behind you.

Oh no, how awful for you to have to wait like that and not sure if you're going or not... I'm wishing you all the best no matter what the outcome! Let us know, if you are able, as soon as you find out.

hope your date doesn't stand you up. that's really bad for us girls. that's just no fair. hoping for you that it will be a go. remember, don't sneeze for a month.............

Well...just got off the phone with the nurse and she never heard back from the surgeon. Apparently, no news is good news.

SO....tomorrow's surgery is a GO!!! I am a nervous wreck right now,but at least I know I am moving ahead and will have it bright and early for 8 am.

Thank you my dear VR friends. There is no way I would have made it this far this past year and a bit without your wonderful support. A hug to you all....

P.S. I am hoping that my husband will be able to post an update; however, he probably won't be near a computer for a few days.

Hugs and prayers, my dear friend, are being dedicated and sent towards you today and tomorrow and until we hear the good news from you once you climb over the mountain. Keep up the good spirits and the positive thoughts and they will reflect back on you. :)

Latest posts

Back