Ooooooouuuuuccchhhhhh

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipper2

OUCH,OUCH,OUCH omgosh guys i tore my toenail right off tonight
well it still hanging on a little .......It bled it almost made me faint it hurt
so bad i spoke a language i never spoke or understood for that matter:rolleyes:

NO im not going in tonight to emerg as we only have Docs whom are sued
by other people and are no good to see for nothing.Not even my big toe

Ive taken tylenol #3 for the throbbing pain up to my calf of leg bad as a toothache and i know i gotta get the nail removed .

All i did was stump my toe sooooooo hard on a bed leg but hard nough ripped my big toe nail all the way up center split up and bent onto other side and one side of the nail is right off...well not off but hanging

I laugh at how it happened cus of the pain but clutz or what
omg makes me wanna pass out i hate site of blood and was alot omg
am i gonna live and i cant get a slipper or shoe on............TOO late anyhow
to wear anything on my foot...........i should be good to go till tomorrow when i see my Doc.......Omy it sure hurts and will i have to get a freezing in it
to take rest nail off omg maybe dont tell me what to expect ill pass out lol

Just bought a new pair of poopkicker shoes for work and likely wont work till i can wear the shoe.......What a mess what a clutz:( and seems it happened faster than my brain told it not too:D:p
wondering if maybe i broke my toe cus it swelled ....lovely and if i move it
OOOOOUUUUUUCCCCCHHHHHHHHHH:mad::confused:
Nope not going in tonight this happened 6pm tonite 9 pm now its only getting worse but bleeding has stopped:)thata good right;)

Ouieeeeee X10
Okay, I won't tell you how they take a little tiny needle with freeing in it and apply it - you best have a shot of Rye with you, oh yea, you don't drink...have a few toothpicks then and NO I'm not kidding, you'll need something to bite on.
If your not going to go "in" tonight keep ice on your toe to help the swelling and maybe try to soak your toe to remove the dried blood and then maybe your snip off the hanging nail under water.
Good luck
and start being careful okay.
P.S.
How long have you had this bed?

I can feel your pain, I ripped most of the nail off my big toe kicking a coffee table 25 years ago and just reading YOUR post made me remeber how painful that was. I ripped mine down the out iside and across the bottom and the nail was only attactches to the side side part of my toe. They had to remove mine, but I an a baby so I made them knock me out. I would try and get it cleam, either dumping peroxide on it or neosporin or something like that. Now I don't know if that is the correct thing to do, just what I would do.

Last year, we saved up and went to Hawaii. Within 5 minutes of checking in, I kicked the bedpost and split my big toenail right down the middle. I also was amazed at the creative and colorful language that came out as I hopped around the room.

A little creative bandage work and careful trimming kept the pain at bay for the rest of the trip, but by the time we got home a week later it was really angry and I had to go to the podiatrist. The pain of that visit rivaled anything I endured during my heart adventures....:D

Zipper?
Your not logged on.
Does this mean you've gone to the ER?

Thanks Marsha it smarts alright

No Freddie i,m not going ,im hiding it cus sure as heck someones gonna
step on it or im gonna do it over again,i can just feel it happening again:eek:
Everyones wants to be helpful near me and i dont want anyone near or touching me or it lol

Try soaking it, and snip off the nail in water then wrap gauze around your toe, cris cross it on top of your foot and tie it behind your ankle for support.
Your tough...you can do this. Better you than the doctor.

Last year, we saved up and went to Hawaii. Within 5 minutes of checking in, I kicked the bedpost and split my big toenail right down the middle. I also was amazed at the creative and colorful language that came out as I hopped around the room.

A little creative bandage work and careful trimming kept the pain at bay for the rest of the trip, but by the time we got home a week later it was really angry and I had to go to the podiatrist. The pain of that visit rivaled anything I endured during my heart adventures....:D

ooohh this what i did but the one half is turned almost off and stuck to side with half toenail yet,hubby and my kids wanna trim and cut and fix and be helpful,nope my toe hurts too much to even flinch at thought of someone near it.very swollen almost double in size.i hate cold so no ice put on it yet.

not sure how i could have clutzed so bad,im very tired this week and seems my body function isnot cooperating with my line of thinking,even cut my fingernail on my thumb earlier choppin veggies for some homemade chicken soup(that wasnt so bad) but the toes gotaa go:eek:
Likely wont get much rest pain is like a throbbing toothache....constant and if i try move toe ..........i wanna get rid of the bed after i take a chainsaw to the leg of it.....Maybe i better not eh:confused:

I was unloading a new lawn mower from my van a couple of years ago, and the skids I set up slipped and the whole folded up lawn mower dropped on my toe. I know what you mean about hurting. But I immediately iced it and it didn't swell too much. I lost the nail, of course. And here it is a few years later, and the nail came back but is kind of strange. It is double thickness. I have to file the surface down or it will start curving too much. Anyway, I was glad to get a nail back.

Keep it iced up to keep the swelling down. Good luck with it. It won't be fun for quite a while.

I was unloading a new lawn mower from my van a couple of years ago, and the skids I set up slipped and the whole folded up lawn mower dropped on my toe. I know what you mean about hurting. But I immediately iced it and it didn't swell too much. I lost the nail, of course. And here it is a few years later, and the nail came back but is kind of strange. It is double thickness. I have to file the surface down or it will start curving too much. Anyway, I was glad to get a nail back.

Keep it iced up to keep the swelling down. Good luck with it. It won't be fun for quite a while.

Nancy yep sure im gonna lose all the nail if not already and it does hurt for sure but what you did really weakens me in thought ahhhhhhhh ouch
speaking of lawnmowers a guy at work ran his foot over about a month ago
and then fell and then broke it at the knee ....what bad luck
Im gonna go check this situation out somemore and try ice i promise even though i hate it lying on my toe rather chew ice :p k going deal with my mess somemore.....thanks everyone gnite if i will be able to

Deb:

I had my big toenail removed years ago, when I was in college. Only time I've had an ingrown toenail, and it was because I was a waitress and we could only wear X brand of shoes back then, all purchased from same supplier.

I had to quit the job and let my toe recover (then got a better job for the rest of the summer). Had to wear sandals for a while. That's not the best suggestion right now, particularly up north where temps are probably dropping a little during the day.

Ouieeeeee X10
Okay, I won't tell you how they take a little tiny needle with freeing in it and apply it - you best have a shot of Rye with you, oh yea, you don't drink...have a few toothpicks then and NO I'm not kidding, you'll need something to bite on.
If your not going to go "in" tonight keep ice on your toe to help the swelling and maybe try to soak your toe to remove the dried blood and then maybe your snip off the hanging nail under water.
Good luck
and start being careful okay.
P.S.
How long have you had this bed?

Freddie ~~ you've been watchin' too many old western movies..!!:D

Seriously, Zippie - so sorry for your malady. Ouchie..!!:eek:

ooooh! my stomach did flip flops when I read your post. Empathy, empathy. Hoping that by this time you have gotten treatment and are carefully bandaged and not so much in pain. hope the soreness won't last too awfully long but then you have to grow a new nail. your big toe? that is usually the one and it hurts when bumped even if the nail stays intact. My sympathies are certainly with you.

Latest posts

Back