One year ticking away

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pnarciso

Exactly one year ago I was leaving the OR with a new valve to replace my BAV. Before getting there I had been waiting for 24 years, since diagnosed, for the day when surgery would come. All went well, after all, and recovery was better than expected. Having found this site before the surgery was, for me, what really made it possible to go through the whole process knowing much better what to expect, cutting down anxiety significantly. In 2 weeks I am running a half marathon to celebrate life. Feels great!

Thank you all again for all the info and support found here.

Exactly one year ago I was leaving the OR with a new valve to replace my BAV. Before getting there I had been waiting for 24 years, since diagnosed, for the day when surgery would come. All went well, after all, and recovery was better than expected. Having found this site before the surgery was, for me, what really made it possible to go through the whole process knowing much better what to expect, cutting down anxiety significantly. In 2 weeks I am running a half marathon to celebrate life. Feels great!

Thank you all again for all the info and support found here.

Happy First! What a milestone to celebreate especially with a 1/2 marathon! All the best.

Pnarciso, congratulations on your first anniversary. I had mine just a few weeks ago and to celebrate I ran a 5k on my anniversary date. It was the first one I ever did, just took up running last winter and I had to walk quite a bit but I thought it was a very fitting way to celebrate. Good luck with your race.

Latest posts

Back