One year ago today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seth

One year ago today I had OHS to replace my aortic valve, root and ascending aorta. For this past year I've had issues that have been constant and make me think of my surgery and it's results many many times every day. Today is no different in that respect, but this one year milestone is singular. I want to take this moment to thank each of you who has lent me your support with my struggles. Thank you to everyone who posts sharing your experiences, your stories, your life involving OHS. I'm so glad I found this forum and grateful to you. This is a special place because of who you are. I wish you blessings and my best wishes.

Seth,
I think of you often. I only hope that your heart issues are resolved more to your comfort and satisfaction in the future. I pray everyday that someone out there will be able to take away that darn thumping. :)

Congrats on your anniversary. I'm a little bit new here so I don't know your whole story but I hope that from this day forward your recovery can be as smooth as possible.

Seth, some of us just have to try to be thankful with what we have.
My valve seems to be stronger than what I can handle and it likes to remind me of that every day. ;)
Thumping and jumping is just the nature of my repaired heart.
Hopefully yours will settle down some more. Thanks for sharing your experiences.
Happy First Valversary. :)

Seth, I didn't realize that you hadn't had your one year anniversary yet. I know that today has to be bittersweet for you. On the one hand you are still here with us, on the other, it has left you with this problem that is almost intolerable and can't seem to find anyone who is willing or able to solve it for you. Try, if you can, to set aside the bad today and enjoy the fact that you are still alive and have the oppotunity to live a full life. I truly have faith that someone out there is going to help you. You just have to find them!

Take your wife out and celebrate tonight, you deserve it!

Your friend,

Kim

Seth,

I wish that you had had a better experience overall with your OHS...and I hope that things will improve for you somehow. I am glad you are on this forum, your thoughtful insights and postings make it a richer place. Did you know you're a great writer?

I hope you have an EXCELLENT day today.

Melissa

Oh how remember the 1st one.
My 1st Anniversary that is (get your minds out of the gutter ppl).

Never the less it is milestone.

Congrats to you Seth.

Congratulations Seth!

Thanks you so much for that very sincere and thoughtful post!

I am so sorry you are still having these problems! I do not have the same type of problem, but I can relate a bit. I had my surgery 14 mos ago, and my recovery was a lot slower that I expected. I am feeling more myself now, but still take prednisone for pericarditis. It is extremely frustrating.

I do believe that you will find a resolution to this problem!

God bless, and please keep us updated.

...........I know that today has to be bittersweet for you. On the one hand you are still here with us, on the other, it has left you with this problem that is almost intolerable and can't seem to find anyone who is willing or able to solve it for you. ..........

Take your wife out and celebrate tonight, you deserve it!

Kim

Seth, as Kim said, this valvesary may somehow be 'bittersweet', but I hope you never give up on the hope that one day you will achieve the 'peace' you need!! I believe in miracles and I am keeping you in my prayers.

Celebrate the brighter side and may the coming years be healthier and more 'peaceful'. :)

Seth congratulations on this 1st valversary and pray it gets better
as the valversarys come and go.I too will remember my mitral 1st year as
it comes almost 5 months post up and slow going for me,but im happy to be
here to wish you congratulations and happy you are here to celebrate;):)

zipper2 (DEB)

Best wishes to you as you jump, kick, laugh, cry, dance, elevate ........ into your second year post-op!!! Hope this year is a good one for you!!

Marguerite

Congrats one the first year. Although it hasn't been exactly as you wanted or needed it to be, your on this side of the dirt and that's the best part of all.

Seth.... I never fail to read when I see your name among those who have posted. I am continually hoping someone out has found an answer/a method/some way to help you. Hopefully your second year post op will bring you joy and love and happiness and relief from your symptoms.

Best Wishes.

Thank you, thank you everyone! I'm happy to be here and part of our VR.com community. It is possible that I wouldn't have made it this far without surgical intervention. My 1st anniversary was a day of reflection and gratitude. Since I wasn't experiencing chest pain I decided to do something I enjoy to celebrate the occasion. So when it got dark I hit the streets to do some night-scene urban landscape photography. It was nice. We all have things that we love to do, and it can be of great benefit to us when we can still be involved with those things. Some of what we used to do and enjoy may not be possible for us now, but other things are available. Maybe there are things we have wanted to dive-in to but haven't. Maybe there are new passions we have yet to discover. These are some of the thoughts that came to my mind yesterday. There is a revitalizing and inspiring nature in using the time we are given to pursue our personal passions, to help other people, to bring some measure of greater good because we have been given the chance to do so.

Latest posts

Back