One more reason to love ValveReplacement.org

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dennis S

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Earlier this morning I went to my Facebook profile, and found changes I never authorized, and wouldn't have approved. Among other problems were random photographs, randomly cropped that I don't think were a good reflection of my work. There were other problems as well. I wasn't able to immediately correct the problem. I assume there is a procedure, but it seemed clear to me that the people at Facebook had no intention of making it easy for me to change what they felt were "improvements" to my profile.

As I thought about this, I realized that I was no longer felt the benefits of Facebook offset the constant effort to protect my privacy, as well as my on-line "persona". And I also thought about the fact that I have never (and I am sure never will) feel the need to protect my "online" self from Hank, our founder. After just a moments reflection, I realized that if I have something that seems interesting, creative or helpful to post I would rather that it show up here than on Facebook. How ironic (but predictable) that Mark Zuckerberg make billions, while Hank sacrifices. Winston Churchill once said..."We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Thanks again, Hank, for what you give.

Last edited:
The new FB profile pages have angered many of their followers and made me realize now more than ever,
that signing on to FB with an "alias" name and email was a good choice for me. My personal family photos are
best shared by private emails....I just don't trust FB at all, much less the kid that owns it. JMO

Dennis well said
How ironic (but predictable) that Mark Zuckerberg make billions, while Hank sacrifices. Winston Churchill once said..."We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Thanks again, Hank, for what you give.

I am not one of the 500 million facebook users.

I don't use Facebook much. Anything personel I always send private. I just don't trust it either. Can't say I'm a big fan. Smart decision Dennis, Bina.

Betty White may have had it right--Facebook most likely is a huge waste of time! Not so on ValveReplacement.org. Two years ago I was discussing VR issues with another participant on another site and I offered up the VR address as a great source of information. Faster than you can say "busted" I was reprimanded for listing another site and that portion of my posting was deleted. I was so offended that I never returned to the site. I'm forever grateful to the folks at VR who helped me during a most difficult period in my life.

.......I have never (and I am sure never will) feel the need to protect my "online" self from Hank, our founder. ........
......... How ironic (but predictable) that Mark Zuckerberg make billions, while Hank sacrifices. Winston Churchill once said..."We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give." Thanks again, Hank, for what you give.

.........Facebook most likely is a huge waste of time! Not so on ValveReplacement.org. ........
I'm forever grateful to the folks at VR who helped me during a most difficult period in my life.

I totally agree with you Dennis and Jane; and I will always remain grateful to Hank and to all of VR family members :smile2:

Two years ago I was discussing VR issues with another participant on another site and I offered up the VR address as a great source of information. Faster than you can say "busted" I was reprimanded for listing another site and that portion of my posting was deleted.

Sadly, many sites are going to this type of policy. For the most part, owners of boards feel that it is inappropriate to share links to "competing" message boards/groups, whether or not the "linked to" board is a direct competitor or not. I certainly understand why directly-competing websites would not want their competitors discussed ... after all, you don't see Cadillac wanting Lincoln discussed and vice versa ... etc. However, I also think that the internet is just one big source of information ... and the more we can be informed, the better.

*shrugs*

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_04.16.11_Dwight.IL *
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"When you slammed the front door shut, a lot of others opened up" __ Chris Daughtry __ 'Over You'

Latest posts

Back