One month post surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had a cat scan and it revealed pneumonia and fluid around the heart. Eco tomorrow to see if they drain it or let my body absorb it. Bored silly in the ER, sharing the room with a snorer.

Had a cat scan and it revealed pneumonia and fluid around the heart. Eco tomorrow to see if they drain it or let my body absorb it. Bored silly in the ER, sharing the room with a snorer.

Thanks for letting us know. Your experience will help others post-op who run into unexpected difficulties on the road to recovery. You didn't mention sharp pain when taking a deep breath in your initial post, but many, many times, that pain is an indication you've got excess fluid or blood in either the lungs or around the heart. Throw in pneumonia, and you've got one big bump in the road!

Home. Drained some fluid from around my heart and treated the pneumonia with some anti biotics. Feel good today if not a little winded.

Home. Drained some fluid from around my heart and treated the pneumonia with some anti biotics. Feel good today if not a little winded.
Gad to hear you are home and they drained the fluid, are you on any meds for it? Hpefully you fell better soon

How are you feeling now? Breathing better? I'm curious when you had the pericardial fluid and pneumonia did you have a fever? Hopefully each day feels better

How are you feeling now? Breathing better? I'm curious when you had the pericardial fluid and pneumonia did you have a fever? Hopefully each day feels better

Feeling good! A bit tired and winded but should recover quick enough.

Last Sunday evening I just felt like I was coming down with a cold and that it hurt to breathe. That Wednesday I was checked into the hospital. I never had a fever. Just felt tired and as I said it hurt to breathe.

A week later and I'm again feeling pain while breathing. Just the pneumonia? Is is my heart sack filling up again?

I'm terrified that they may want to cut me open again fully and fix whatever leak may be there.

I meet with my surgeon tomorow.

My white count is slightly high. I have an infection somewhere and they are doing blood cultures to try and pinpoint it.

My cardio guy said not to worry about the pain at all as it is only caused by my body absorbing fluids. Something to do with the balance between two lungs.

hi Brian,

I had depression for 18 months after OHS. It takes time, but mine got less and less over time. It will get better,promise you mate...all the best....Lee

Latest posts

Back