One month post-surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordan

Just wanted to post my chest X-ray from today's follow-up with my surgeon. I'm one month post-surgery. In the image, the wires around my sternum and my valve are clear. The X-ray caught the valve open with the leaflets up. I just thought it was fun.

http://tinyurl.com/89llg45

No issues. Everything is progressing as hoped. They upped my weight restriction from 5 lbs to 20 lbs and gave my approval to go back to work whenever I want. Also, I can switch from a standard stationary bike to a road bike on a trainer whenever I want.

Last edited:
Good to hear that things are progressing so well for you, since this can show those still waiting their operations that things get better quickly once you start down the mountain.

That's cool that ya got a copy of this, wish I had that opportunity.
Take care fellow valver, good to hear your recovery is going well.

Brad

Nice x-ray...and with 12 wires. Wow !! My 7 wires drive me nuts but did their job.

I had forgotten until I read your comment, but my surgeon told be pre-surgery that he usually puts in twice as many wires as normal for someone my age and size.

Just wanted to post my chest X-ray from today's follow-up with my surgeon. I'm one month post-surgery. In the image, the wires around my sternum and my valve are clear. The X-ray caught the valve open with the leaflets up. I just thought it was fun.

http://tinyurl.com/89llg45

No issues. Everything is progressing as hoped. They upped my weight restriction from 5 lbs to 20 lbs and gave my approval to go back to work whenever I want. Also, I can switch from a standard stationary bike to a road bike on a trainer whenever I want.

Cool Jordan. I just saw my chest x-ray but they could not send a copy to me. I would sure like to have it, makes a good conversation piece! Any tips on how to get a digital copy of my xray?

Promising stuff

Promising stuff

Hi Jordan, you sound incredibly similar to me - just that bit further on! I am 35 and booked in for AVR with a mechanical valve on 9th April. I was a good runner who has now moved over to cycling and have managed to get in good shape on the bike as well. I am I believe symptomless except for a match on your post op symptoms of afternoon tiredness and falling asleep on the sofa.

I haven't noticed much change in fitness but that may be down to the fact that it has been winter here so I tend to do less cycling and more running so my overall fitness may have dropped because of the time of year.

Just wanted to say how useful it was to read this and your previous posts. I hope my recovery is as smooth as yours seems to be going.

Richard

Latest posts

Back