OHS scars in uncomfortable settings

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I run my own personal nudist colony and for me, showing off my scars is something I don't think about. Now with that said, should I become a public NC, I would have issues. I have a scar running from the middle upper left buttcheek down and around to the back from hip surgery, another running from mid back to mid front of right side for open lung biopsy, multiple hernia repair scars, heart surgery railroad tracks etc. Yes, I think I would have an issue in public.

This post is worthless without pictures!:p

No nudist colonies here, but don't have to deal much with the scar showing unless I go topless. (Oh, yeah....there was that one time at a VR reunion where I got drunk, topless, and danced on tables!!! JUST KIDDING :p) Some people have thought that I lied about having heart surgery...and although my classes this year already know about my valve surgery (hello, Holter monitor 3rd week of school!), I'm non-specific about the location of my scar. I just say it's on my right side. I'd rather not give my already dirty-minded male students any visual images. Gross.

Hey, Ross, would you for real open a VR nudie colony? Well, since everyone here is like family....not that I'm in the habit of seeing my family naked (except at holidays...heh.)

No nudist colony for me for sure. I could care less if my scar shows. Right after I was a little sensitive but anymore .....does not bother me.

My scar for my Coarc I tell all my neices and nephews that I was attacked by a shark when I was a kid in Florida. The other one for my Repair I wear it like a badge of courage. I've even shaved my chest to show it off more. I could care less what people think. Walk a mile in my shoes

Guess I have to chime in and add that I have sunbathed on public beaches and pools in Europe while topless. It's the norm.....I've never felt out of place and what freedom. Nothing binds..so comfortable. Only wish the USA would get with it..:D

So, off topic just a bit, do nipples (male or female) burn if topless in the sun? When I've used a tanning bed, I always fold a towel so it covers them up.
And the top of my scar seems to show up more when I'm suntanned. True for others?

So, off topic just a bit, do nipples (male or female) burn if topless in the sun? When I've used a tanning bed, I always fold a towel so it covers them up.
And the top of my scar seems to show up more when I'm suntanned. True for others?

Nipples? -- YES! Now this discussion is becoming titillating. :p

Superbob has never suffered any burned nipples, just for the record (as though anyone cares). However, he selectively offers a nipple-salving service. :p

Mary,
There are a lot of other things that I would worry about other people seeing than my scar.:eek: For the first few months I hid mine at the gym but now at 7 months it's healed enough that it's kind of cool. I'm proud to be a survivor!
John

Cooker,
I never knew you were the straight man to set up a joke...but this one is just too obvious to make it any more funny.:D:D:D

Good thread Mary .... I don't worry about showing my scar ... it is about eleven inches and mostly cover by hair ... I think most men don't even think about it.

Has anyone gone to a nudist colony and had any qualms about showing their incision?

You have the wrong idea about nudist colonies, and for that matter about nude beaches, at least the ones in Europe.

Nudist colonies are filled with ordinary people, which means they do not look anything like models. And they have all kinds of scars.

I don't see how you could go through life and never show your scar, anyway. You would have a very limited choice of clothing, especially in the summer, if you weren't willing to show even the very top part of your scar.

And let me tell you -- blondies and redheads, cover your eyes so I don't get accused to giving you all winkles and skin cancer -- the sun is excellent for your scar. How do I know?

Well, I am outdoors in the sun constantly, and I'm usually wearing a low tank or spaghetti top that shows almost all of my scar, which is now a nice thin, dark, flat line EXCEPT for the part right between my breasts, which doesn't get sun and is STILL reddish, wider and lumpy. I didn't care so much until I tried on a great dress that showed a little of that area and it looks way to "I just had surgery!" for a nice evening out. It's one thing to have a scar, and another to have a scar that looks as if you forgot your IV pole and you're about to bleed all over the escargot.

So I need to go to one of those nudist colonies and sunbathe!

Hmmm... well, I can't say I'd be one to go to a nudist colony, but I don't think my scar would bother me any more than my thunder thighs!! ;) As far as the nipple thing, well I guess guys often have them exposed to the sun and don't seem to have a problem with it. They're probably not too dissimilar in skin type to your lips, which are always exposed to the elements and don't seem to suffer any worse than the rest of your face.

I'm quite happy wearing low-cut tops and my scar seems to tan every bit as well as the rest of me.

A : )

Okay, maybe I'm weird, but I show it off when people don't believe I've had heart surgery!

"I had OHS last June."

"You don't look like you needed surgery."

"See?"

"AUGHGHGHGGHGH!!!!!!"

Just kidding; they don't run away!

But I DID use my scar to scare a kid who works in the butcher shop out of smoking! I said that smoking causes heart disease and when you have heart diease you get open-heart surgery and you get one of these, AND it really hurts AND you can't drive for eight weeks AND you can't skateboard for a whole year.

Yeah, I totally lied about the driving and skateboarding. Let's see the AMA sue me.

Mine has never bothered me and once while shopping in low cut v-neck top a guy came up to me and congratulated me on being brave enough to flash my scar!...LOL...

When I first went to the beach it was still red and quite obvious as were the bullet holes, I bravely wore a Bikini...that dose of sun on it was the best thing for making it fade...it looks great (as in well healed) and my mum reckons its still fading and looking better after 2 1/2 yrs.

I dont think I have ever changed my top because you could see my scar, actually I dont think I even own a top that hides it.

I was self conscious of my scar for the first 6 to 8 months after my op, but found that a nice diamond drop necklace did wonders for my confidence and what a wonderful excuse to go shopping.

Mary

Nipples? -- YES! Now this discussion is becoming titillating. :p

Superbob has never suffered any burned nipples, just for the record (as though anyone cares). However, he selectively offers a nipple-salving service. :p

Titillating . . . of course!:p:p

Hensylee, when you join, can I get a temporary membership and come and visit?:confused:;):p

I was self conscious of my scar for the first 6 to 8 months after my op, but found that a nice diamond drop necklace did wonders for my confidence and what a wonderful excuse to go shopping.

Mary

I also now have drop necklaces and pendants. They really work well. Even though people may get a glimpse of the scar if the necklace moves to the side, it's not so "in-your-face".

Mary,
There are a lot of other things that I would worry about other people seeing than my scar.:eek: For the first few months I hid mine at the gym but now at 7 months it's healed enough that it's kind of cool. I'm proud to be a survivor!
John

Cooker,
I never knew you were the straight man to set up a joke...but this one is just too obvious to make it any more funny.:D:D:D

:D:D:D Good catch :D:D:D

Latest posts

Back