OHS scars in uncomfortable settings

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, off topic just a bit, do nipples (male or female) burn if topless in the sun? When I've used a tanning bed, I always fold a towel so it covers them up.
And the top of my scar seems to show up more when I'm suntanned. True for others?

Nope never burned the nips but I can tell you that you do NOT want to sunburn your butt:eek:

Nope never burned the nips but I can tell you that you do NOT want to sunburn your butt:eek:

Yikes! So does The Chimp want to explain in what butt-nekkid circumstance his butt got burned? So does this mean he is a butt man? :D:p

Love these T-and-A discussions -- are we on verge of a hijack and conversion to an all-out sex thread? :p

I will yield my original question concerning nudity and surgical scars to the Chimpmeister if he wants to divulge the details of his behind-burning escapade!;)
You know . . . the who, what, where, when info.:D

Cooker?????

I also now have drop necklaces and pendants. They really work well. Even though people may get a glimpse of the scar if the necklace moves to the side, it's not so "in-your-face".

That's a good idea! I don't believe I'm really self-conscious, but I might be fooling myself. ;)
I think, and this seems contradictory, that if I were completely naked, I would be less self conscious than if I were wearing a low cut dress. Naked, there's alot more to divert attention away from the scar.:eek: Not so much when clothed. The top of my scar is still very visible while the rest of the surgical line has almost faded away.

Yikes! So does The Chimp want to explain in what butt-nekkid circumstance his butt got burned? So does this mean he is a butt man? :D:p

Love these T-and-A discussions -- are we on verge of a hijack and conversion to an all-out sex thread? :p

I will yield my original question concerning nudity and surgical scars to the Chimpmeister if he wants to divulge the details of his behind-burning escapade!;)
You know . . . the who, what, where, when info.:D

Cooker?????

I will say that it involved a pontoon boat on the lake, sunny day, good company, I was face down (butt up) and I was not drunk:D;)

I'm at work, wearing a blouse and blazer that show about 2 inches of my scar. I'm more concerned about my saddle bags than my scar. Though I do hate when I get big coumadin bruises that show--people understand scars, but bruises like we can get look like you've been in an accident!

I've worn bikinis at the beach or the pool. The scar started a great conversation in Hawaii with a few people at the pool--one couple ran an ambulance company--- and several conversations at dog events with people who had family needing pacemakers or some such.

I guess I need to get one of those Victoria Secret swim suits that are cut down to the belly button and see if some sunshine can improve the inch or so of red keloid scar down where my bra band sits. Maybe that's the problem, because the rest of my scar is thin, pale and flat.

Yeah, I know, pictures.

I will say that it involved a pontoon boat on the lake, sunny day, good company, I was face down (butt up) and I was not drunk:D;)

I think I can match that . . . aluminum (whew, hot seat!:eek:) john boat on the river, sunny day, good company (DH), face up, and I was not drunk!:D

I think most men don't even think about it.

I can't agree....I was very uncomfortable showing my scar early on. I never wore anything that was n't button up high enough to prevent you from seeing it......now that has changed and I do not care who see's it or asks about it. I am more open about the experience in daily life than I was for the first few years....I can't explain why; but in the last 3 or 4 years I just quit worrying about it.

Ben

I can't agree....I was very uncomfortable showing my scar early on. I never wore anything that was n't button up high enough to prevent you from seeing it......now that has changed and I do not care who see's it or asks about it. I am more open about the experience in daily life than I was for the first few years....I can't explain why; but in the last 3 or 4 years I just quit worrying about it.

Ben

Ok ... everybody is different .... I was more concerned about revealing the "spare tire" than the scar:eek::D

No nudist colonies within easy distance so that is out. When I was fairly new to having my scar I tended to buy tops which hid it, most of my blouses and tops were v-neck as I have a short neck and hey make it look longer (some hopes). Now I wear just about anything and if my scar shows then it shows. Eva, the self-consciousness passes, it just takes a little time. The first outing with scar showing is probably the worst but no one comments as a rule.

When I was on holiday once pre-OHS I noticed a lot of Russians around the pool and some had some really weird scars, I couldn't even begin to try to work out what they were for. They ignored them and enjoyed sunbathing and swimming - and so they should.

Latest posts

Back