Nightmare of a week!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katiewintle

Hi all

Just thought I would post and tell you about my week I have had.

Monday and Tuesday at work

Wednesday due to have 2 teeth out. Went to INR clinic to have a blood test, 1st finger came out at 5.2, 2nd finger was 3.2, so they decided to take blood out of my arm, that came out at 3.5 and a lovely bruise. Being as my last blood test was 3.5 they were able to go ahead and take teeth out. Went to the dentist part at the hospital, went in half hour early which was good as I was nervous!! After about 5 injections (2 in the roof of the mouth - horrible) they took the right tooth out first and then the left tooth - both top teeth. Left tooth they stitched and right tooth left open, not stitched.

Got home about 11.30am and apart from feeling numb I was ok. Come 3pm my right hole started to bleed so I packed it with the gauze and left it like that for a good half hour. Took gauze out and it was still bleeding so repeated the gauze. They blood just kep on coming, was going to go back up the hospital but my mom decided to phone 999. Someone came out to see me and said to chill out and go and lie down, by this time the bleeding had stopped. Went to bed and an hour later, it started again but worse, so my hubby took me up to the a & e department and saw someone from the dental department who numbed me up again and packed it with an clotting agent which worked. No more problems for the rest of the night

Thursday woke up and had 2 sips of cold blackcurrant squash and the left one started bleeding again and wasnt stopping. Back up to the hospital again, numbed up again, hole packed and stitched. Home to bed to rest for the rest of the day.

Today feeling more human, still not ate much but havnt had any bleeding since yesterday morning. Big blood clot on right tooth dropped off when I did a salt wash this morning so mouth feeling more comfortable now.

Been for blood test this morning and it was 4.5, due to all the anesthetic I have had and not eating much (only been eating ice-cream and yougarts), reduced dosage and back next Friday.

Glad this week is over now, back to work on Monday

God bless

Katie
xxx

Makes me wonder WHY the Dentist didn't stitch BOTH sockets immediately after removing the teeth.

Glad you are doing better now.

Hello new FB friend. I followed your trying week through your FB posts. I'm glad you're doing better now. I hope your coming week is more normal and filled with proper foods. ; ) God bless.

Hi all

Just thought I would post and tell you about my week I have had.

Monday and Tuesday at work

Wednesday due to have 2 teeth out. Went to INR clinic to have a blood test, 1st finger came out at 5.2, 2nd finger was 3.2, so they decided to take blood out of my arm, that came out at 3.5 and a lovely bruise. Being as my last blood test was 3.5 they were able to go ahead and take teeth out. Went to the dentist part at the hospital, went in half hour early which was good as I was nervous!! After about 5 injections (2 in the roof of the mouth - horrible) they took the right tooth out first and then the left tooth - both top teeth. Left tooth they stitched and right tooth left open, not stitched.

Got home about 11.30am and apart from feeling numb I was ok. Come 3pm my right hole started to bleed so I packed it with the gauze and left it like that for a good half hour. Took gauze out and it was still bleeding so repeated the gauze. They blood just kep on coming, was going to go back up the hospital but my mom decided to phone 999. Someone came out to see me and said to chill out and go and lie down, by this time the bleeding had stopped. Went to bed and an hour later, it started again but worse, so my hubby took me up to the a & e department and saw someone from the dental department who numbed me up again and packed it with an clotting agent which worked. No more problems for the rest of the night

Thursday woke up and had 2 sips of cold blackcurrant squash and the left one started bleeding again and wasnt stopping. Back up to the hospital again, numbed up again, hole packed and stitched. Home to bed to rest for the rest of the day.

Today feeling more human, still not ate much but havnt had any bleeding since yesterday morning. Big blood clot on right tooth dropped off when I did a salt wash this morning so mouth feeling more comfortable now.

Been for blood test this morning and it was 4.5, due to all the anesthetic I have had and not eating much (only been eating ice-cream and yougarts), reduced dosage and back next Friday.

Glad this week is over now, back to work on Monday

God bless

Katie
xxx

I have been following you on FB and it really sounds like a TGIF day

Boy, you have had a rough week! I sure hope things start looking up for you from here on out!

It's no fun not being able to eat what you want but be patient, this too will pass! :)

So sorry everything you've been through. Hopefully the worst is over and you will heal well and fast.
Best wishes.

I have had some ice-cream, soup and jelly today. Meant to be going out for a chinese meal tomorrow with family, not sure if I am going yet, will see how my mouth feels. I really want to eat but dont want to start bleeding again. May try some porridge later on.

Katie, my husband had 2 upper teeth removed a couple of years ago and he isn't on Coumadin, but the dentist was
very good at removing the 2 of them. He also had one stitched and one left to heal as it was, some bleeding, but I
made sure that he lay down and rested just like you did, with a lukewarm saline rinse the next day.
He ate tepid soups, yogurt, egg omelettes, mashed potatoes, pudding, etc.
Hope you feel better soon and enjoy some rest this weekend. :)

So -- with a 3.5, you were cleared to have two big teeth extracted?? And your dentist/oral surgeon agreed to do the extractions? I'm not sure of the medical/dental guidelines, but in my own experience, that seems quite high - even for a single extraction.

I'm glad to hear that the bleeding has stopped and that you're on your way to recovery from that major insult to your mouth.

There have been discussions on this subject before. From what I recall - using a gauze works - until you take it out, and all the clots are broken and the bleeding starts. You don't use a straw because it can also break the clots. There's more advice elsewhere on the forum - but whatever I say now is after the fact, anyway.

I'm sorry your week was so difficult and am glad you've overcome the problems.

Latest posts

Back