Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvrkumar

Newbie to this site. Wanted to check-in and thank all of you for sharing your experiences. I had few questions on my upcoming AVR surgery and have been lurking here for a few weeks. By the time Hank provided me permission to post to this site, I found answers to most of my questions from your discussions as well as through site search :)

A little background, I was diagnosed with congenital heart disease (AR+PDA) at a very young age. PDA was rectified at age 7. OHS at age 16 for valsalva aneurysm rupture into right ventricle and VSD. I have been in waiting room for AVR and asymptomatic since then. I met surgeon recently based on my cardio’s assessment that it is time for intervention and am preparing for the upcoming surgery.

-Kumar

HI Kumar. I'm glad you were able to get some of your questions answerred before you we even able to post. Good luck with everything. My son Justin has grown up having surgeries too he's 23 now, Since you've had a few surgeries as a child/teen, you also might realy enjoy checking out the forums at the Adults with CHD org's site http://www.achaheart.org/community.aspx There are alot of really great member's there and they do alot of good things, if you like to be active in the community there's all kinds of ways to be involved.

Do you go to Boston Children's?

Welcome Kumar! So glad that you found this place, filled with wonderful people who are here to help make your journey a little less frightening. I hope that you get your surgery scheduled soon so that you can put it behind you and go on with your life.

Let us know when it's going to happen.

Take care.

Hi all, Thanks for your warm welcome. The surgery date is not set yet. The surgeon’s office gave me a date in September. I have requested for an earlier date and told them I am available if anything opens up soon due to rescheduling.

Lynw: I go to Brigham and Women’s in Boston. All my previous surgeries are back in India where I grew up.

Julian: I got curious myself and googled Kumar. Prince or Youthful seems to be the meaning.

Welcome Kumar. Happy you found and joined us.

I had both my surgeries at Mass General. How lucky are we to have such find heart centers in Boston from which to choose!! Brigham is one of the best in the U.S. and you'll get excellent care there.

Hope you are able to get the date moved up. The waiting is very stressful.
All best wishes.

Welcome to the Family. Sending positive caring thoughts your way...may your upcoming surgery be "bump-free" and may you have a speedy recovery !!
Renee

Go Team 2011 !!!

Hi Kumar,

I had my mitral valve replaced almost nine months ago at Brigham and Womens aby Dr. Cohn. I am extremely greatful to my surgeon and the nurses who have been extremely caring and professional. You will come out on top .Sending positive vibes your way.

Latest posts

Back