New self tester

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shortbed

Well i've done 3 test so far 2 weeks apart 2.9 3.0 and today 1.9 i am taking 5 per day except 7.5 on wed. How should i change add 2.5 1 day and test in a week. Thanks in advance you guys are the greatest. Chuck

Not sure I'd change anything. Is there something you've done that would have caused it to drop? Is it possible it's a bad test result? You seemed pretty solid on the dose your on, so something either went into your mouth diet wise or you excerised more? Looking for possible clues to the drop.

To answer your question though, you are taking 37.5mg per week. If indeed the test result is correct and there is nothing you can think of that caused the drop, then I'd increase the dose by 10% for the week which would bring you up to 41.25mg for the week or round it to 41.5. My personal opinion is test again to be sure that is the correct result. I honestly don't think it is.

You might consider investing $4.95 in Al Lodwicks dosing ALGORITHMS
http://warfarinfo.com/publications.htm

or take a look at the other ones at this site:
http://www.aafp.org/afp/990201ap/635.html
About a 1/3 to 1/2 down on the page.

Hey Ross, Thanks for the quick responce i'll take your advice and recheck when I get home from work this evening can't think of anything i have changed in my habits. Also I went to al's web link and ordered the chart thanks again for the info. Chuck

Hey Bina, The only thing that has happened in the last 2 weeks is I finished my physical therapy which has changed my exercise amount to a lot less and they took me off of attacand bp medicine. Other than that everything else is the same pretty much a creature of habit. Chuck

Test again when you get home. I don't think I'd change a thing just yet. See what you get when you get home. If it's true, then bump the dose up by 10% for the week, but retest in 4 days to be sure your not going to go way over range.

Hey Ross, Rechecked my levels and sure enough its 1.9 again was just wondering do I add the 4 to 1 day or spread it out over couple days this being wed night I take my 7.5 normally.Thanks for all your help Chuck

If you are working with 5mg pills, you could take your regular 7.5 tonight, and 7.5 Thursday, and either 5 or 7.5 on Friday.
I don't like to double dose. Some people do it. My changes are easily done with 5%.

Hey guys, Just wanted to update all that responded to my cries for help. I increased my coumadin levels by 10% and tested 2.6 and 2.5 over last 2 weeks. Thanks for the help this sight is awesome. Chuck

Chuck you may want to go 5% more just so you have a buffer zone for eating larger amounts of Vit K. Don't know how much you like green veggies though.

Latest posts

Back