New Crisis For My Family

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Morning everyone, not much new to report. We called and got the appointment to see the Doctor in his office on Friday the 6th. I guess we'll see where we are going then? I do hope so, the clock is running on Family Medical Leave. Not that it's a major thing, but jobs are hard to find here.

Ross said:
Good Morning everyone, not much new to report. We called and got the appointment to see the Doctor in his office on Friday the 6th. I guess we'll see where we are going then? I do hope so, the clock is running on Family Medical Leave. Not that it's a major thing, but jobs are hard to find here.

Good luck with that appointment, Ross!

As for the clock running...yeah, I know the feeling. 10 weeks seems like a long time at first, but when I realized how short of a timeframe that is...and with the costs of medical coverage without employment...aye.

*shakes head*

I don't even want to think about it :(.

Thoughts/prayers continue to come your way....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 31swm/pig valve/pacemaker
'72,6,9/'81,7.hobbies.chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
MC Guide = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html
"We got mountains to climb" ... Rod Stewart ... 'Broken Arrow'

a possibility?

a possibility?

Good morning, Ross. So glad that Lyn is home. I'm sorry for all the uncertainties. You are both in my thoughts daily.

Several years ago, a fellow I know had a most unfortunate accident (in a hospital while undergoing routine tests). He was out of commission for a very long while. He did have a government position (game warden), and he was so beloved that everyone in his office (and perhaps farther down the line) gave up their own sick days so that he could have some continued medical leave coverage. I don't know how that worked, but perhaps it might be available in Lyn's case. Just a thought.

Thanks for keeping us in the loop. Wishing you the best.

Marguerite

Pam Osse said:
Ross - also look at short term disability. If her company provides FMLA for 12 weeks, they should have an STD policy she can access also.
Only for Salaried employees. She is not salary.

knightfan2691 said:
Good luck with that appointment, Ross!

As for the clock running...yeah, I know the feeling. 10 weeks seems like a long time at first, but when I realized how short of a timeframe that is...and with the costs of medical coverage without employment...aye.

*shakes head*

I don't even want to think about it :(.

Thoughts/prayers continue to come your way....

Cort, "Mr MC" / "Mr Road Trip", 31swm/pig valve/pacemaker
'72,6,9/'81,7.hobbies.chdQB = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort/
MC Guide = http://www.chevyasylum.com/mcspotter/main.html
"We got mountains to climb" ... Rod Stewart ... 'Broken Arrow'
What makes it worse Cort is that most likely 3 weeks will be burned up before anything more is done, then they say 6 weeks recovery. That's cutting it too close!

Pam Osse said:
Definitely have an atty. look at that policy.....

Not bad advice. Salaried v/s hourly very commonly doesn't make nearly as much difference as employers would like us to believe.

Ross said:
What makes it worse Cort is that most likely 3 weeks will be burned up before anything more is done, then they say 6 weeks recovery. That's cutting it too close!

Yeah, I hear ya....

*sighs*

Isn't it ironic how doctors/hospitals always "push" to get things done...and then opt to take their time after the fact...when YOU want to get things done in a bit quicker fashion?

Aye. Best not get me started....

Just sending hugs............

Just sending hugs............

from afar. You know we care. Please keep updating us. Hugs. Janet

BIG talk posting, maybe??

BIG talk posting, maybe??

I agree with Peggy, not small talk. :mad:

I once heard in a sermon "that to whom little is given, little is asked" and vice versa. Ross, the pearly gates will be wide open for you with no questions asked, I believe.

So you batten down the hatches and stay the course. I havent been around here as often as I should. Its like church, I know I should, but put it off for a time. :eek:

Hang in there, pal, there is strength in numbers, and you and yours have some big numbers behind you, supporting and praying and also needing YOU!
Praying that you all will handle this and it will all stay within your limits.

THE RAM

Nothing new to report, but she's had this rash since before going to the hospital last week. It's going everywhere and being the wife that she is, won't go to the PCP and have her look at it. We're wondering if it couldn't be some toxic reaction to what happened. She's on Kflex now, so I'm sure it may be playing a part, but this was starting before the ER visit. Me baffled.

Good to see you mamsram! I often wonder where your at. ;)

Ross -

Please have Lyn at least CALL her PCP about that rash. It could be an alergic reaction to the Keflex. Remember the 'other' VR.com mantra:

"When in doubt, Check it out!"

Concerned,

'AL Capshaw'

Ross and Lyn-

Rashes are not benign things. They mean something is going on and have to be checked out. I don't want to go into different rashes that Joe has had that had to be addressed with medication, and one that developed into something that landed him in the ICU for 10 days.

Sp, go to the doctor and have the expert look at it. Nothing to fool around with.

ALCapshaw2 said:
Ross -

Please have Lyn at least CALL her PCP about that rash. It could be an alergic reaction to the Keflex. Remember the 'other' VR.com mantra:

"When in doubt, Check it out!"

Concerned,

'AL Capshaw'
Yeah me knows this mantra well, but how do you get a stubborn woman to listen and do the right thing? I practically had to drag her butt to the ER last week!

Ross,
If she had the rash before going to the hospital, I can't believe they didn't check it out there- too much specialization today! Please talk her into having it checked out. Rashes may be benign, but I lost my sister to Steven Johnson Syndrome, a severe reaction to medication and it started out as a "benign" rash.

just a thought

just a thought

Ross. Maybe if you appeal to Lyn's logic. I mean, couldn't the rash be a clue? Oftentimes a dermatologist has only to hear the description of the rash to know what's going on (as in just a phone call!?). Rashes do signify lots of things.... It may lead to some faster answers. I am somewhat astounded that no one picked up on the rash while she was in hospital!!

Good luck! Marguerite

Ross, I'm sorry to hear that your wife is unwell. I really hope things work out for the both of you. You so deserve a break. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

About the rash, I agree to check it out, but it is possible that it's related to the kidney troubles. I believe a build up pf urea nitrogen can cause skin irritations. If she notices a silver powdery like quality over skin surfaces, that's definitely kidney related.

Don't forget to take care of yourself as well.

A-M

Marguerite53 said:
Ross. Maybe if you appeal to Lyn's logic. I mean, couldn't the rash be a clue? Oftentimes a dermatologist has only to hear the description of the rash to know what's going on (as in just a phone call!?). Rashes do signify lots of things.... It may lead to some faster answers. I am somewhat astounded that no one picked up on the rash while she was in hospital!!

Good luck! Marguerite
It was brought up repeatedly to both Urologists that saw her and they both blew it off. It's only getting worse, so now I'm thinking its a combo of whatever before and the Keflex.

It was brought up repeatedly to both Urologists that saw her and they both blew it off. It's only getting worse, so now I'm thinking its a combo of whatever before and the Keflex.

That's the problem, Ross. The local doctors blew my sister's rash off and treated it with calamine lotion, by the time we got her to a teaching hospital and it was diagnosed with a simple blood test,she was toxic. :(

Ross said:

It gets so frustrating doesn't it. Sometimes it just seems like no one is listening. I remember hearing a doctor tell a patient that she was only allowed two complaints a visit.

When I was in the hospital following the birth of my second son, I developed some complications and had to have surgery to remove my appendix and to unkink a ureter. I also developed a head to toe rash and, because one doctor thought it was perhaps from detergents in the linen, I was given paper sheets usually used for burn patients. I don't remember the outcome except feeling that I was such a nuisance for the staff.

I hope the root of it is soon discovered. I hope she isn't also itching.

Posted by Betty, "I remember hearing a doctor tell a patient that she was only allowed two complaints a visit."

Do you suppose if one of those complaints was about him, she would then get three complaints?

What a dork!

Latest posts

Back