N-StyleID medical bracelets

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrP

Looking for a medical ID bracelet, I found this website with really nice looking medical ID bracelets and ordered a few. Quality is excellent. N-styleid.com has many attractive medical bracelets of various designs and price ranges...very affordable ones. I thought I'd pass this on to those of you who may be shopping for a medical ID bracelet for yourself or someone else at xmas.

http://www.n-styleid.com/

All my best,
MrP

I had looked at quite a few -- including a $300+ one from James Avery -- and got my first one at Walmart, got it engraved at Things Remembered at a mall.
Then I saw my dad's cousin wearing a Medic-Alert one and ordered the same one. The Medic-Alert membership sold me on getting the bracelet.

Mine is the two-toned stretch band one:

http://www.medicalert.org/shop/shopCategory.htm

I had looked at quite a few -- including a $300+ one from James Avery -- and got my first one at Walmart, got it engraved at Things Remembered at a mall.
Then I saw my dad's cousin wearing a Medic-Alert one and ordered the same one. The Medic-Alert membership sold me on getting the bracelet.

Mine is the two-toned stretch band one:

http://www.medicalert.org/shop/shopCategory.htm

I think the medicalert one makes sense if you are going to wear one. It is good to be able to have them call a number and get you dx, meds, who your doctors are, ER contacts ect.
Also IF you check your insurance alot of the plans cover all/part of the medicalert membership now.

This is where I ordered my young son's bracelets from a couple of years ago. I love the kids bracelets. We have a spider web strap and a skull and crossbones strap and although he doesn't wear them often (only if he is someplace when I'm not with him and people don't know his medical history) they are cute and he doesn't throw a fit that he has to have it on.

I purchase mine from Laurens hope. A great site started a few years ago for a young diabetic who wouldn't wear her medical ID
they are always updating and adding styles. You can buy one ID and many bracelets b/c they all hook onto the ID.

http://www.laurenshope.com/

Also IF you check your insurance alot of the plans cover all/part of the medicalert membership now.

Wow Lyn, thanks for that information. Course, I've just paid up for another three years, but I'll check it down the line.

I like the www.medicalert.com since there's a number to call from anywhere in the world and get service if you require it. It's good for travel.. and it provides a 24-hour emergency response and medical information service.

Wow Lyn, thanks for that information. Course, I've just paid up for another three years, but I'll check it down the line.

I like the www.medicalert.com since there's a number to call from anywhere in the world and get service if you require it. It's good for travel.. and it provides a 24-hour emergency response and medical information service.

I wonder if you submit the reciept, if they would reemburse you?

Some of those bracelets are very cute! I have a Medic Alert one and always renew my membership. It gives me a sense of security knowing that all my information is easily accessible. I even bought a second one in pink but worry that it looks too much like a normal bracelet and the Medic Alert emblem won't be noticed.

Cheers,
Michelle

I've had the sterling silver Medic Alert bracelet for 4 years now.
It's never been off of my wrist and has never broken.
No need to worry if my purse is missing or I am passed out, there is a hotline number on it along with:
Mechanical aortic valve
Anticoagulated

I've had the sterling silver Medic Alert bracelet for 4 years now.
It's never been off of my wrist and has never broken.
No need to worry if my purse is missing or I am passed out, there is a hotline number on it along with:
Mechanical aortic valve
Anticoagulated

I've got one of these too Bina but I don't have a hotline number on it. I just have: my name, mechanical aortic & mitral valves, medications: coumadin.

I just tried logging into Medi-Alert but like everyone else, I can't for the life of me remember my username or password so i have to call them for help. I'm thinking of getting another one with a hotline # on it or my drs. telephone number on it.

Mine is also sterling silver & it looks brand new. I don't remember exactly how much I paid for it but I think it was like $80 or more??

I had ordered mine when they had a January special: bracelet, engraving and first year membership for about $110.
Now my yearly membership is $39. (paying for 3 yrs offers a discount)

FYI newer cell phones have a place for medical history under the ICE (In Case of Emergency). I just have that seeing that I'm not on Coumidin anymore.

So, forgive the newbie question, but is a medical alert bracelet necessary for valve replacement? I have mechanical AV and MV (and take warfarin, of course) but would this information be crucial in an emergency situation? How would it affect my treatment? I mean, they are still going to start and IV, etc., even for somebody on warfarin.

Neither my cardiologist nor my surgeon ever mentioned getting one, although there was a brochure for them in the voluminous material given to me pre-surgery.

Does everybody at VR.com wear one except me? :)

So, forgive the newbie question, but is a medical alert bracelet necessary for valve replacement? I have mechanical AV and MV (and take warfarin, of course) but would this information be crucial in an emergency situation? How would it affect my treatment? I mean, they are still going to start and IV, etc., even for somebody on warfarin.

Neither my cardiologist nor my surgeon ever mentioned getting one, although there was a brochure for them in the voluminous material given to me pre-surgery.

My thinking is that no matter where I am in the world, conscious or unconscious in an accident, my OHS scar will be obvious;
but my bracelet has the hotline phone number to retrieve all the details of my meds, family contact info, names of doctors, etc.

I think the coumadin would be more of a reason to have a medic alert than just the valve replacement. Since it could affect your treatment, they have to check your INR and depending what the emergency is, might have to give you something to lower it ect before they can do some procedures ect.

When my son had his VR and started taking Coumadin, I got mixed messages. The nurses doing the post-op. going home info. with me suggested it strongly but when I asked the surgical team (including our Cardiologist) they said they didn't think it was necessary due to my son's age and the fact that he's always have a caregiver with him. They were concerned that it would make him "look different" than the other kids. I decided to get a bracelet anyway and he has only worn them at times when he goes to a friend's house that maybe doesn't know all of his history or to camp or something like that. As an adult, it would be different. I remember that they suggested that even a minor car accident would necessitate a check with a Dr. due to possible internal bleeding.

I have a medic-alert one, and wear it all the time; my thinking was that if something happens, they have access to all my meds and dosing (and I am on more than just warfarin); it also alerts them to the fact that I am anti-coagulated, and they may be a little more likely to look for internal bleeding, in some situations; also, if emergency surgery is needed, they know what they might be in for and take appropriate steps! Like a cell phone, it just gives me a little extra sense of security.

I believe it was Ross that said, though, that if any medical personnel listens to your chest and doesn't hear the valve and/or can't surmise that you are on warfarin, there is something wrong! In that cae, a quick INR check by the lab would get them all the info they need.

Nope, I don't have one and don't wear one. I have a card in my wallet where my drivers license should be. Flip my wallet open and there it is. I hate jewelry of any sort on my body. O.K., so I'm weird. If they look at my chest, listen to the clicking with a steth, they'll know automatically.

Latest posts

Back