My Son Chris

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marguerite53 said:
NO ONE deserves a good roll on the floor more than you do, Ross!! Good job, PJ!!

:D Marguerite

:eek: Oh no! Here it comes! Ross - do you pay her for the set-ups!?:eek:

glad to read that the graft seems to be healthy ... finally some good news for you guys! hooray! I hope the recovery continues to move forward from this point on! as always, praying for you all. any news on the bozo that caused the wreck?

Don't jump for joy yet people. The Doctor himself has not proclaimed anything as of yet. He hasn't even seen it since doing it last Thursday.

They did send someone up from rehab today to work with him. The guy said he doesn't know why they sent him up as there is nothing he can do until they know for sure that the graft is ok and provide it with more protection. Sounds to me like they are getting ready to cut him loose again, but I think it's a bit too soon once again.

Karlynn said:
:eek: Oh no! Here it comes! Ross - do you pay her for the set-ups!?:eek:

Well, someone is awake!! Thanks, Karlynn!! :D :D

Ross. We all want good news. We can't help ourselves!! But we will wait to rejoice until you tell us we can. We're just wishin' and hopin' and prayin' :)

Marguerite

They did send someone up from rehab today to work with him. The guy said he doesn't know why they sent him up as there is nothing he can do until they know for sure that the graft is ok and provide it with more protection. Sounds to me like they are getting ready to cut him loose again, but I think it's a bit too soon once again.

There can't be much he can do in the way of physical or occupational therapy, but I would think he'd benefit from anything that would increase blood flow to the region--ultrasound, massage, electrostimulation (I'm just guessing, but there must be something). And when they "cut him loose" this time, can't they treat him as if he lives alone and has no one to help him with recovery and consequently send him to a rehab facility? Ross, can you and Lynn reasonably fend for him and yourselves? (I hope that's not an insulting question. :eek: ) I mean, you two kinda have your hands full what with the butler being on vacation and all. A doctor at the U of Chicago told us that 1/3 of patients with broken hips/pelvises return to a normal life, 1/3 suffer permanent damage and 1/3 die as a direct result of the injury. For this reason, they send the elderly to rehab and not to home because the spouses can't physically do what's needed and the kids have full time jobs and families. I would think the same principal applies with Chris--his odds of recovery are jeopardized if he's not sent to rehab.

Hey just get the kid on his walker again, so he can make it to the bathroom and we can handle the rest, minus the constant complaining. I don't do bed pans! :D

Ross said:
Hey just get the kid on his walker again, so he can make it to the bathroom and we can handle the rest, minus the constant complaining. I don't do bed pans! :D

And I am thinking it will make for a happier Son as well!
:)

Checking in on things today. Let us know as soon as possible what they say abour the graft. I am surprised the Dr. hasn't seen it for awhile but then again, that could be because he already thinks it is going to do well!! Let us hope!!

hi ross,
still checking here too....hoping to hear good news. i'll be away visiting our daughter in st. louis this weekend, but will try to log onto her computer to see if there's any news.
still praying and wishing for the best,
sylvia

Y'all are still in our prayers.

Y'all are still in our prayers.

Just didn't want ya to think we had forgotten you.. I will make it to the post office one of these days.....................sigh! Much love. j.

Checking in....

Checking in....

Hope all is well. Thoughts and prayers continue for your family!

Hi Ross -

Keeping you all in my thoughts. Is there any more (relatively) good news for Chris and the graft?

At this time, no, no new news. I'm going to see him this afternoon and have a call in for the Surgeon. It's been a week and he still has not seen the graft for himself. I don't like this.

Praying for good news when you see him and hear from the surgeon, Ross. Shocked that the surgeon didn't give you the courtesy of a call himself!:(

While questionable and irresponsible - let's stay positive - maybe no news is good news!!!!

Looking forward to hearing his response!

pipersmith said:
While questionable and irresponsible - let's stay positive - maybe no news is good news!!!!

Looking forward to hearing his response!
Amen to that!

Interesting afternoon. I'm sitting there talking with Chris and in walks a lady from a rehab service, telling us that they have been asked to see if Chris qualified to be in there care long term (More then 3 weeks). We talked about it and found that they also have a branch at Mercy Medical Center back here in Canton, so if he must go to this facility, we'll have him closer to home. As we were unloading on this person about no one returning phone calls from the nurses station to the Doctors office, In walks Dr. Pennington and crew. I informed him that I have tried to contact him 3 different times since last Thursday and have never received a thing. He said he never got the messages. NO DUH! I called the nurses station this morning to ask his nurse to call Pennington and find out when he'd be around and she never called back. Instead, she walked up to Chris's room and said, "Your 22, can't you tell your dad what's going on?" Chris told her that he wanted to know the same thing I did and that is WHERE IS PENNINGTON, IT'S BEEN A WEEK! :mad:

At any rate, this graft has taken and is looking pretty darn good. Doc asked if the rehab place had been in touch and I informed him that the lady that was leaving as he was coming in, was from there, he said, if rehab can get him up and walking with a walker, I don't know why he couldn't just go home in a couple days. He's young, no sense putting in a rehab facility for 2 or 3 days. The draw back may be that he still needs IV antibiotics and we cannot pay for those upfront. Social Services are supposed to look into this and talk to me about it and if it can't be, he may have to go through the rehab deal just for the meds. Either way, it means progression and close to home or home soon. That made him just a touch more upbeat! He will have to have more surgery in 4 weeks or so, but until then, rehab at home is what it looks like. :)

Back