My Son Chris

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lynlw said:
well that sounds promising, I will keep praying and hoping for good news, when is he due for the dressing change?
Today should be dressing change day. We shall see.

Praying for a successful graft - and a painless dressing change (well managed pain at least!!)

Can't wait to hear the good news!

My husband lost some toes in an accident close to 30 years ago, when he was just a few years younger than Chris (and had he been a litigious person, he would probably have ended up owning the steel-toed boot company that let him down). I guess it is because of all of the nerve endings down in the foot (think reflexology) but he still swears that when the nurses cleaned his foot up that they used a WIRE BRUSH! IMPOSSIBLE, of course, but that's what it felt like to him and it still makes him shudder. It makes me shudder! I don't know what they used -- or didn't use -- for pain reliever then. Anyway, we really feel for what Chris must be going through and we're hoping this graft works for him.

Last night at the Reunion pre-cruise dinner, we were comparing pain stories from when our tubes had been pulled following surgery. When the :eek:monster:eek: came in to pull my tubes out, I remembered what I'd read here on VR.COM and I asked him if it was going to hurt and could I have some pain medicine. I really think he was disappointed -- it was the same monster who let me gag and pass out before they pulled the vent out after the surgery, an horrific experience -- but I got the pain medication and it was just a couple of intense tugs with no pain for me. But some of the others had some bad pain.

I don't know why we have to ASK for pain meds! The medical people know if a procedure is going to hurt!

Ross..I hope everything looked good today..I mailed Chris a Get-Well card today..I picked out a funny/age related one.about his hospital stay..:D Nothing serious. just hope he enjoys it....Bonnie

Still checking in. Hope the dressing change caused everyone else in the room to dance and sing with glee!!!

Rossman. If you are admitting that you are very tired, then you must be beyond tired. YOU DO NEED TO REST. Please take care of you.

:) Marguerite

Ross
Praying everything went well today. I sent Chris a get well card with a little note yesterday. Hope he gets it

Ross,

I haven't been here in ages but all of the vr.com group has been on my mind as I am approaching the big 2 year anniversary of my AVR. So here I am, and I am so sorry to read about Chris. It took forever to read through this thread and catch up on what's happened! I'm praying you got good news today and that the graft took and he has started healing. You, Lynn and Chris have moved to the top of my prayer list.

I'll be checking in often now to read some good news from you!

I've missed you all!

Kay

Thank you to PJmomrunner, Hensylee, Wise and Cyndi, and Maka for their cards that were sent to him. I saw them yesterday. ;)

Still cannot tell whats going on, but according to the resident guys, they think it looks good, so maybe it is?

Latest posts

Back