My Son Chris

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ross, you, Lyn and Chris will be in my prayers today. What a mess! There must be something else they can give him for pain. Hopefully you can get some help today.

Another long day at the hospital. He went into surgery at 2. Dr. Junco put two more pins in his ankle from 2 to 330. Dr. Pennington had him from 330 until 645. He then spent the rest of the time in the recovery room and back up to his room at 8.

Dr Pennington took ab muscles and skin from his leg. He said he once had a six pack of abs, well now he's a three pack. He is once again in some terrific pain and citing that he can't do this again. Were all hoping and praying he won't have too. The Doc said the veins harvested this time were much better and there is a good blood supply once again. Time to let it grow and see what happens. The Doc seemed pretty spirited about it, but we all know there are no guarantees.

Chris now has a pain pump. One of the nurses befriended him and he now has a tv/vcr and a bunch of movies to watch, a sega genisis to play and word find puzzles to keep him occupied. I hope this helps!

Thanks for the update, Ross. I notice you are signed off. I hope you are sleeping!!!!

Sounds good! Let's all think really, really positive about this one! It's gonna take!

Glad he befriended a nurse. This young man needs everyone on his side right now. I hope he's feeling a little less defeated.

Best wishes to you all.

Marguerite

Ross this is the first update since this horrific even happened that I feel good. don't get me wrong, I know it was a tough day and the pain must be awful, not only in his foot but where they harvested, BUT now that he has the pump AND things to do to keep him occupied and not think about everything, if think finally, and I'm praying I'm right, things are going to be better everyday, Lyn

The Doc said the veins harvested this time were much better and there is a good blood supply once again. Time to let it grow and see what happens. The Doc seemed pretty spirited about it
One of the nurses befriended him and he now has a tv/vcr and a bunch of movies to watch, a sega genisis to play and word find puzzles to keep him occupied.

What a lot of terrific news! It sounds like a little optimism is in order all around. I am continuing to pray and send the best thoughts Chris' way, all the while crossing fingers firmly.:)

Wonderful news! Hope this is the turn we have all been waiting for and hope that you and Lyn sleep a little easier tonight.

So glad he is on a pain pump now!! Also hoping that all the movies/tv/etc will help take his mind off of some of his problems. Hoping for a better hospitalization/surgery outcome!! Thinking of you guys alot.Hang in there!

Ross,

I haven't posted much lately, but I'm always lurking. I 've followed your posts and I'm glad to hear some better news. Is Chris dealing with all this any better? How is Savannah? Is he any better when she's around?
Your family is in my thoughtrs daily. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Barbara

This is good news ... I'm sure we are all praying that this is the end of the yucky bits for him and that all goes amazingly well from here on out ...

Wonderful too that he has a friend on the inside now and has TV & stuff to try distract his mind...silly me never realised he didnt have a TV

God Bless

and get some rest tonight hey!

Rossman

So glad to hear he got the pain pump......one step at a time, my friend....and that's a good one. We're getting ready to go to Florida for a few weeks, but I'm taking my laptop and IF (and it's a big one) I can get on line I'll check in. Please know that you are all in my prayers....

Evelyn

Well it sounds like he is on the right path this time!
Poor guy didn't even have a TV??
Glad he has One nurse in his corner;)
Thanks for the updates Ross... Still praying here

Oh he has a regular Satellite TV at $4.25 a day that gets only about 15 crappy channels. This tv/vcr deal simply gives him better programming and choices.

Barbara Stewart said:
Ross,

I haven't posted much lately, but I'm always lurking. I 've followed your posts and I'm glad to hear some better news. Is Chris dealing with all this any better? How is Savannah? Is he any better when she's around?
Your family is in my thoughtrs daily. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Barbara
Chris is dealing with it, but just barely. Savannah is doing pretty well. Chris is in deep love with her, but she has been doing some soul searching and is now not so sure she wants to marry. Great timing to tell Chris this. I'm sure she has her share of thinking overload with losing her mom and all.

Ross said:
Chris is dealing with it, but just barely. Savannah is doing pretty well. Chris is in deep love with her, but she has been doing some soul searching and is now not so sure she wants to marry. Great timing to tell Chris this. I'm sure she has her share of thinking overload with losing her mom and all.

Poor kids. Savannah probably has no idea what she wants for breakfast right now, let alone what she wants to do with the rest of her life. Losing her Mom, and having Chris in such a serious medical state is probably triggering her fright/flight instinct. Hopefully time will help her deal with this.

Latest posts

Back