My scar - 4 Months, 8 Months, 12 Months

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow that's amazing how hard it is to see! Did you use any sort of scar minimizing lotion or is that just the way it healed?

..............................I think if I had not shaved off the chest hair for the 1 year photo it would have been even less obvious.

Larry

View attachment 8788

Was this the pic that you would gave posted
jump1.gif

hairy-chest.jpg

jumpforjoy.gif

run.gif

SERIOUSLY though that healed really well ....did you use any creams?

Last edited:
WOW!
That's amazing, 16 yrs after my first opperation and i can still see mine really clearly, as i can see the other scars fro my other ops too
Luv Sarah xx

I am sorry to say that I didn't use any special lotion to treat my scar. I has just faded on its own. Before the AVR my surgeon's assistant told me that with the use of the glue technique that it should fade quite a bit in the first year. She said that Dr Spann takes special care when he closes to leave an incision that will heal well. What you cannot see in the photo, of course, is the valley I can feel under the scar when I run my hand along my chest. I've sort of assumed that everyone has one; is that true? I have noticed that the four small incisions are now filling in where they originally formed dimples. Thanks for the comments.

Larry

I'm not sure if it bothers the men as much as it bothers the females who are sporting the OHS scar. I had my surgery on 21 June 2010 and everytime I looked in the mirror I felt like the bride of Frankinstein. That is, until I found an amazing product that hides my scar completely!!! The product is" Kat Von D tatoo concealer". It comes in several shades and a little bit goes a long way. I'm back in my tanktops and V neck collars with no scars showing. It gave me my confidence back.

I'm not sure if it bothers the men as much as it bothers the females who are sporting the OHS scar. I had my surgery on 21 June 2010 and everytime I looked in the mirror I felt like the bride of Frankinstein. That is, until I found an amazing product that hides my scar completely!!! The product is" Kat Von D tatoo concealer". It comes in several shades and a little bit goes a long way. I'm back in my tanktops and V neck collars with no scars showing. It gave me my confidence back.

Thanks for the product info. I will have to check it out! I have alot of V necks/summer shirts that are sitting in my closet as I don't feel comfortable wearing them.

Latest posts

Back