my first race, advice anyone?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trinityheart8891

hey,

I'm riding my first race on sunday, its 12 miles, its a leg of a triathalon. anyone here have any advice to a newbie?

I'm freaking out! I know I can make the distance, I dont know why, I'm just really anxious. Between the bronchitis and asthma this spring I havent had much chance to train, although I have done a few 14 milers. I'll be happy if I cross the finish line at this point, our team is just out for fun I dont know why I'm so anxious, stupid idiosyncracies!

anyways thanks in advance!

Since you're riding I presume you have the bicycle portion. I'd recommend that you go at your own pace. Relax - you're not in the Olympics. You said it yourself - your team is out to have fun.

I'm guessing you're anxious because you're thinking you're not as prepared as you should be, your asthma, etc. Well, you've done longer rides than the 12 miles, so this should be easier. You should be able to do it standing on your head. Relax and have fun. Forget about dominating the race, just have a fun time. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g35zS1tVO3o

hey,

I'm riding my first race on sunday, its 12 miles, its a leg of a triathalon. anyone here have any advice to a newbie?

I'm freaking out! I know I can make the distance, I dont know why, I'm just really anxious. Between the bronchitis and asthma this spring I havent had much chance to train, although I have done a few 14 milers. I'll be happy if I cross the finish line at this point, our team is just out for fun I dont know why I'm so anxious, stupid idiosyncracies!

anyways thanks in advance!

Yeah I got advice...dont go!!! Haha just kidding, be prepared for anything and water water water!!!

Congrats! See, this is why we compete! There are always nerves before a race! Try and relax....enjoy the ride...believe you can do your best, and you will!!

hey,

well, I finished it, did it in about 50 mins, no speed records at all, but I finished without stopping, our team did pretty good, everyone came close to what they thought they were going to finish at, no one got hurt, and we had a nice day, nothing more we could have asked for

hey,

well, I finished it, did it in about 50 mins, no speed records at all, but I finished without stopping, our team did pretty good, everyone came close to what they thought they were going to finish at, no one got hurt, and we had a nice day, nothing more we could have asked for

Congrats! Any sentiments like "I can't wait to do it again?" I hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

Latest posts

Back