My big break ..

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

netmiff

From DH's point of view :

we trimmed the ivy that grows on the side of the house, However, Jeanette, after finishing, descended the ladder and took a step back.....that was when she twisted her LEFT foot, causing her to fall backwards....that was how she broke her RIGHT wrist....and then she hit the back of her head on the H&R Block building next door.

My turn : I walked to ER (1.5 blocks from home); have broken right wrist, got a half cast and a referral to an ortho (bone doc); sprained left ankle; got appt. with ortho tomorrow, who has pencilled me in for surgery Friday !!!!!

Head seems OK, triage checked my eyes, I specifically told her abot warfarin and my current INR, and she alsoasked a couple pertinent questions, and I told her I (and DH) was aware of signs and possibilities of stroke.

So, you won' be hearing much from me, but I will be checking up on you all from timeto time, so you' all better behave yourselves !

I'm glad your head is okay and I'm wishing you well soon.

Here's the big question, did your husband laugh or seem truly upset? or both? I'm beginning to think that the longer we are married, the more we can laugh at the other's shortcomings in coordination!

oh boy Jeanette. so sorry to hear about your fall and injuries. Hope surgery goes well and you get back to trimming.

Holy smokes....!!!!......even Freddie can't damage herself to that extent in one fall. ;)
No more plant trimming, hire someone else to help hubby.
Seriously, this must be so painful. Keep us posted, and best wishes for complete healing.

Holy smokes....!!!!......even Freddie can't damage herself to that extent in one fall. ;)
Seriously, this must be so painful. Keep us posted, and best wishes for complete healing.

I won't hold my breath on that one Bina. With me anything is possible. :rolleyes:

Jeanette, I really do feel your pain. Why do darn accidents have to be so painful?
I bet your right handed - ouch, ouch, ouch. And surgery - wow I didn't realize the wrist was so fragile.

Wishing you the very best and (((((hugs)))) too

P.S.
Hope the doc gave you something for the pain

I'm so sorry this happened. I fell recently as well had a pretty bad bruise but not nearly injured to the extent you are. I didn't even tell my DH told him the bruise was from running to the coffee table. I guess it bought that cause he never questioned it any further.

You're in my thoughts and prayers, Keep us updated
Earline

Jeepers Jeanette :eek: I hope you get to feeling better real quick & I'm only glad it wasn't worse. Promise me you & your DH will NEVER try trimming the trees with a chain saw!!! ]I read in the paper or saw in online last week, where a man was cutting some branches with a chainsaw & his wife was helping him when he lost his footing & sliced her neck with the chainsaw!:() Terrible accident but these things do happen when one least expects them!

Take care & please be careful!!!

Sorry to read this, wishing you the very best, hope surgery goes well and your back soon. Tc

I wasnt helping him, I was doing it; he was doing laundry !

Before anyone starts engraving my name on that "Klutz of the year" trophy, I would suggest you check not only wih Freddie, but Zipper2 as well :D

Before anyone starts engraving my name on that "Klutz of the year" trophy, I would suggest you check not only wih Freddie, but Zipper2 as well :D

:( OoHHHHH Jeanette this is terrible "you and hubby"need to slow down
Ohh you must be in tremendous pain,why does this crap always happen
Sure, seasons short and i did same thing but didnot end as in your episode trimming our trees(i didn't climb as high...I cluck at heights);)

Hang in there and sure be adding prayers for you with surgery
Oh my goodness this saddens me to read your injuries.
BEHAVE NOW ,BE CAREFUL K

PRAYERS for you all.

zipper2 (DEB)

Latest posts

Back