muscle pain from statins use

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YOu've been giving it the old college try for a long time now. Have you managed to take all the statins out there? :<) I was in so much pain that I just threw up my hands, yelled uncle, told my drs never again. At least you are sticking it out for the long haul. I admire you. Hope you don't lose the battle w/cholesterol. Blessins.............

YOu've been giving it the old college try for a long time now. Have you managed to take all the statins out there? :<) I was in so much pain that I just threw up my hands, yelled uncle, told my drs never again. At least you are sticking it out for the long haul. I admire you. Hope you don't lose the battle w/cholesterol. Blessins.............

i think this is the last one tried all of them now.you have to keep trying no point in giving up just yet . when my wife gives up helping me then i will give up with the cholesterol battle . so untill then we soldier on .
eva my short term memory is slowly coming back to me but i still have moments when i can't remember names and thing like that for the life of me .we will see how we go with
fluvastain over the next few weeks .

the fluvastatin i was on was increased to 40mg per day and after 4 weeks the memory problems came back and so did the muscle pains so i am back on 20mgs per day now. and my memory is slowly returning. back to the drawing board again i think . i have tried all the statins there are with no joy . i am told there is a new drug on trail in the USA which blocks the gene that produces cholesterol as any body tried it or heard of it ? thanks Jeff

daughter in law is on a statin now and hanging in so far but she has been told to use coq10 and so far she's good. Jeff, I just think there are those of us who, no matter how and which statins we take, or in whatever combination, our bodies are just going to say nada, but I surely would love to know about this new one. If it is another statin, tho, it won't work for us. Can't they just find a substitute and not a real one! I will watch out for the new one, tho. Good to see you

the very best of luck to your daughter in law with the statins. coq10i take 200mg daily to help with the muscle pains and they work for me in reducing the pain but not taking it away altogether .the new drug is on trial in the USA now so my Lipidologists tells me . it blocks the gene that makes cholesterol in the body so he tells me .regards jeff

I don't take statins anymore either!!! Red yeast rice, coenzyme q10 and niacin are what my heart Dr. Recommended, so doing that. Also fish oil (thins blood) or flax oil if thinned blood is a problem...omega threes are crucial because of our modern cruddy diets.!

Michellemar, I agree with the natural route and eating healthy. I had one reading at 210 and they wanted to place me on a statin. Refused. Next reading was 185. Was enjoying a few glasses of red wine each week. I eat a ton of soy. Use Soy and Almond Breeze in place of milk. Pretty close to being a vegitarian these days too :)

I have been on Lipitor 20mg since discharge from hosp after surgery on 5/9/10. My surgeon put me on it because he saw plaque in my aorta. My cholesterol is great--total 144 with HDL of 66, LDL of 61 and triglycerides of 85. I have a lot of muscle stiffness--anytime I have been still for more than 15 min or so. After seeing this thread, I am really wondering if I need to be on it. I don't see my cardiologist until June. Is Lipitor supposed to get rid of, or prevent, plaque? I have not had a lipid panel done since last June when I had the above readings. If it works to lower cholesterol, I am really interested in seeing how much lower it will be.

Lipitor does lower your cholesterol, usually dramatically. It lowered mine and kept it low as long as I took Lipitor (the others probably do well, too). If you decide to use it, you will pay close attention to your muscles to see if it affects them. If it causes muscle pain/soreness, you will contact your doctor. And then go from there.

It is odd that Lipitor does not have 'statin' as part of the name but is the first drug we are put on then moved to generic brands such as ATROVASTATIN ( I now take
40mg / day) and the one that Jeff mentioned he takes 20mg of

Latest posts

Back