Murmur After MV Repair?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeakyValve

Hi, All!

I am approaching two years post-MIOHS for a mitral valve repair. Just went in for doc appointment today and the cardiologist noticed a more pronounced murmur. At his request, I'm going in for an echo on Saturday.

Has anyone "out there" who's had a repair experienced a return of their murmur so soon after surgery? If so, what has been your experience in terms of need for another surgery, "watchful waiting," etc. Understood that it all depends on the outcome of the echo on Saturday. But I was surprised that the murmur would come back so quickly.

Thanks,
Mike

I had my valve repaired in May. I still have a significant murmur but not significant leakage. I was told not to worry about it. Some people have a more pronounced murmur because of the way their blood flows.

Since my repair I have a murmur that comes and goes and my cardiologist is not concerned.

I have had a murmer and mild to moderat regurg since my mitral valve repair 2 years ago. Several doctors have assured me that it can last for years in this state. I have annual echos and cards visits. I am feeling great, so I try not to think about it and enjoy the life I have. Good luck!

I just asked the same question a few weeks ago on this board. I have a fairly pronounced murmur, yet the valve has a mild leak. Both the surgeon and cardiologist agree that there is nothing to be concerned with after reviewing the echo.

Echo came back "normal"...only trace regurgitation; valve ring was in great shape; no abnormalities; all was well. On call Doc and tech didn't know how there would have been a murmur.

Echo came back "normal"...only trace regurgitation; valve ring was in great shape; no abnormalities; all was well. On call Doc and tech didn't know how there would have been a murmur.
Good news. Yeah, same thing with me only that my regurgitation was mild. The only "possible" explanation I received was the direction of the regurgitation may cause the murmur. Who knows.

Latest posts

Back