Moving @standing still

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zipper2

wow our parents seemed immortal when we were kids,they were strong,they were dependable @source of wisdom,comfort and hope.Surely they will always be this way.
My parents are 84-86 and are going strong still independent and have decided ime to move and leave their home 8 hrs away from us.
Move closer,will fine a call came an apt in seniors tower ready for oct 9th,but their house isnot sold,could lock it up and leave for now but better to sell it of course.

The goal is to help my parents fullfil their needs not to take over their life,in no way do i wanna be their rescuer but at same time i feel guilty i cant make life perfect for them.
A decision they need to make as moving out of their home and leaving friends can be a wrenching decision.The oppourtunity of moving yet standing still.
Ironically they are not too worried and dad says what good does that do standing still just makes it less enjoyable.

well weve done what we can in their best interests and wants and i appreciate 2 value @ thank God for the time i have left with them @ took a
realistic look at how they are managing as they continue to age and made sure this move is best for them not me.
Seems for now we stand still and they want a miracle to happen in selling their home by Oct 9th so Wow it can happen i imagine,or they may decide to stay in their home but towers here say could take 3 years for another opening on the list.
They drove up to view options here and have been planning for this call for sometime by selling and sales of items in last year now.But it comes down to nitty gritty home so still looks optional.
Be it here or ten hours away they will be looked after either way,but all things aside i'd just luv to have them close,life is so precious.
when you have a minute in your prayers add my conflict to an anwer for oct 9th.....Thanks so much

I will add this to my prayers. Hope all turns out for them and you.

Yeah been kind of a crappy weekend so far even with sad news here
Thanks so much Freddie,Gina Jacquie,Bina,Deb
Means so much to me your added prayers,and will update when this
all comes to closer deadline or have anything to add:)

Deb, I'm wishing for all of you that things turn out the best. I moved my mom from the home she had live in for probably 40 years to our city, which is a 7 hour drive from where she lived, about 4 years ago. She is now 80 and starting to have some health issues. It is a very hard thing to do, caring for aging parents.

Keep us posted with what is going on.

Kim

Let's hope that the house sells. Good Luck.

Update is house not sold yet,today moving all freezers,home canned
items and etc,etc, here to my house.Frozen items (2 deep freezers)
auction next week and then we haul a trailer move rest of what they are
keeping into the tower apt and they are here to stay.No more shoveling snow
no more working 3 gardens,no more long drives 8 hrs awayjust 10 minutes

Yep lets pray the house sells cus their decision is to live here so much easier to be of assistance to them and i luv the word (CLOSER):)but pray the
house can sell before they move here definate for Oct 9th if not well it will sell
sooner or later.Thank-you all for much needed prayers and good thoughts
wanted to update this so as to whats happening,this move very difficult on mom now,yesterday she cried....not that it was a hard decision,but to see all
your life get packed,sold and prepare auction leave friends......even though she will be happier closer to kids ....its hard i know,Dad was the one who didn't wanna move and now he cant wait,theyve reversed roles now, he and mom

You are all in my prayers, this is a tough time. I'm sure when everything settles down it will be the best for everyone to have your parents closer.
Ok speaking of prayers... this might seem odd, but have you heard of burying a small St Joseph statue in the yard (head down) to help the house sell? You don't even have to be Catholic, I have a friend another Heart Mom, who's house was on the market in Cal FOREVER. I told her to bury a statue and shortly after the house sold. She actually was on the news at the time, because they were doing a story on St Joseph and house sales and asked her realator if she knew anyone that had done it with success and she knew Suzy did and that Suzy was getting ready to dig it up (you move is to your new house) so the news crew went along.
Heres a link about doing it http://www.nydailynews.com/real_est...w_a_statue_of_st_joseph_can_help_sell_-1.html and if you google st Joseph statue +sell house you'll get lots of links they even sell small one just to bury.

You are all in my prayers, this is a tough time. I'm sure when everything settles down it will be the best for everyone to have your parents closer.
Ok speaking of prayers... this might seem odd, but have you heard of burying a small St Joseph statue in the yard (head down) to help the house sell? You don't even have to be Catholic, I have a friend another Heart Mom, who's house was on the market in Cal FOREVER. I told her to bury a statue and shortly after the house sold. She actually was on the news at the time, because they were doing a story on St Joseph and house sales and asked her realator if she knew anyone that had done it with success and she knew Suzy did and that Suzy was getting ready to dig it up (you move is to your new house) so the news crew went along.
Heres a link about doing it http://www.nydailynews.com/real_est...w_a_statue_of_st_joseph_can_help_sell_-1.html and if you google st Joseph statue +sell house you'll get lots of links they even sell small one just to bury.

Awesome Lynn your so helpful were gonna do it just reading these
replys now after busy day ma and pa tucked away to bed so im relaxing now on vr.....Wow what a great suggestion:):)Thank-you

Just want you know that I am thinking of you and sending hugs and prayers your way.
Oh yes....I, too recall that St. Joseph is the patron saint of 'real estate'.

Latest posts

Back