MOO and I have an anniversary!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epstns

Premium User
Supporting Member
I just looked at the calendar. Today really is February 28th - and exactly two years ago today I was being wheeled into the OR at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago for my AVR.

I think the Grateful Dead had it right when they sang ". . . what a long strange trip its been." My first year was peppered with complications from the surgery and the medications. Gradually, over time, the issues subsided. Now, as I look back over the recent past, I find that most days I don't even think about my heart and what it has been through. I am reminded every day that I have a pacemaker, as I see it when I look in the mirror with my shirt off. Other than that, I just live life, and trust me, life is good.

I think I was pretty good at adapting to my changing capabilities in the years leading up to surgery, so I'm not surprised that I don't feel restricted now. Maybe some of the guys my age can do more than I can, but I can sure do more than the majority can. I can't run marathons, but I have no trouble doing all that I want to do. I have more energy now than I did 5 years ago, and things just feel better - especially since the last adjustment to my meds. (No, it isn't prozac. . . just a reduction in beta blocker.)

I want to thank all the family here for all your support over the 9+ years I was in The Waiting Room, for your help and support during those first months of recovery, and for all you have done since. This is truly a remarkable community, and I hope it continues to be here for those who will follow us.

And. . . a special THANK YOU to Hank and Michelle for starting it all and keeping it going.

Life is Good!

Here is another 'mooer' chiming in to wish you a Happy Valversay,
Moo to you, as you are two! Sorry...couldn't resist. :)
Wishing you many more years of good health Steve.
Thank YOU for all the contributions you have made and continue to make to this forum.

MOO and I have an anniversary!

Congrats! We have the same anniversary...just one year apart. Thanks for being here!

From yet another MOO'er - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!!

So glad you're here - I really appreciate your posts Steve, you were one of the first people to help me right after I joined this group. Just wanted to let you know how grateful I am to you and the others here on this forum and I wish you many many more happy and healthy years!!!!!

Rachel

Happy Anniversary from a fellow member of the Class of 2011, also with a pacemaker and doing well. Wishing you many more to come!

Latest posts

Back