Montrealer`s Holiday Badge!!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Montrealer

scar.jpg

Bonjour, Montrealer! I'm originally from Montreal too. Was born at the Royal Victoria Hospital (as a blue baby). Been living in the U.S. for about 30 yrs. I love Montreal and miss it a lot....but do not miss the winters.

Huge scar you have there...I thought mine was pretty big! The advantage guys have is that they don't have breasts. My worst issue regarding healing is the pulling of the scar tissue closest to the neck. I worked so hard to keep it soft and plyable. I still will not walk around with a low cut blouse, except around the house, or when I go to the local store. But at work...no way!

How are you feeling these days? Est que tu parle francais?

Lilly

Bonjour, Montrealer! I'm originally from Montreal too. Was born at the Royal Victoria Hospital (as a blue baby). Been living in the U.S. for about 30 yrs. I love Montreal and miss it a lot....but do not miss the winters.

Huge scar you have there...I thought mine was pretty big! The advantage guys have is that they don't have breasts. My worst issue regarding healing is the pulling of the scar tissue closest to the neck. I worked so hard to keep it soft and plyable. I still will not walk around with a low cut blouse, except around the house, or when I go to the local store. But at work...no way!

Lilly

I hate to hijack this thread, but Since Justin was blue, I'm always interested in hearing about others born before him. What was your CHD?

I was born a blue baby, had double pneumonia, and they also found e coli in my lungs. My first 4 mths of life was spent in an incubator, and they could not completely get rid of the infection, so they told my mom to take me home, 'cause I only had 50/50 chance of survival. And here I am! From what I had learned was that my mom did not have an OBGYN, and she did not take care of herself. I always had a heart murmur. I had fainted several times in my life, such as after dental work, and from reactions to various drugs, i.e., diet pills, penicillin. At the age of 56, I had discovered I had a BAV, and a 4.8cm aortic root aneurysm. On 2/20/2007 I had open heart surgery... my ascending aorta was replaced with dacron and they spared the valve. The strangest thing for me is that I always thought I was a very healthy person. I had no health issues, until I hit menopause. My life came crashing down. I'm dealing with it in a very positive way, and work hard daily to maintain a healthy life style. Do you have any specific questions you would like to ask?

Lilly

Lilly
Yeah....Wifey and I are of the Bi-lingual sorts.........I`m Scotish - Belgium and she`s Irish -French....

and yes ...feeling great......thanks for asking...

I was born a blue baby, had double pneumonia, and they also found e coli in my lungs. My first 4 mths of life was spent in an incubator, and they could not completely get rid of the infection, so they told my mom to take me home, 'cause I only had 50/50 chance of survival. And here I am! From what I had learned was that my mom did not have an OBGYN, and she did not take care of herself. I always had a heart murmur. I had fainted several times in my life, such as after dental work, and from reactions to various drugs, i.e., diet pills, penicillin. At the age of 56, I had discovered I had a BAV, and a 4.8cm aortic root aneurysm. On 2/20/2007 I had open heart surgery... my ascending aorta was replaced with dacron and they spared the valve. The strangest thing for me is that I always thought I was a very healthy person. I had no health issues, until I hit menopause. My life came crashing down. I'm dealing with it in a very positive way, and work hard daily to maintain a healthy life style. Do you have any specific questions you would like to ask?

Lilly

Thanks, Wow you were lucky. Sorry I was confused when I think of blue babies because of Justin, I just assume it was a cynanotic heart defect that needed some kind of surgery as a baby/young child. Justin is 21, but I'm always looking for people older than his that had the same surgery (Rastelli, he was born with his aorta and pulmonary artery reversed) he did, since I don't know of many.
I'm glad you are doing better

It's called an incisional hernia. If it bothers you, you may have to have it plugged. I've had mine repaired 3 times and it's never held, so it sticks out like that today.

Doesn`t bother me.....I guess........I`m not doing photo shoots for PLAYGIRL.....

Not sure why I turned blue! my mom always worried about my lungs, and she knew about the heart murmur....I guess they were so busy trying to get rid of the infection, that they never realized that I had a heart defect. This was in 1951 in Montreal, Quebec.

I'm sure it will always make you curious since your Justin was a blue baby, and all that he has been through....and that you have been through with him!! How is he doing now?

My son, who is now 28.5yrs old, has no heart or lung problems. I count my blessings every day!

Lilly

Not sure why I turned blue! my mom always worried about my lungs, and she knew about the heart murmur....I guess they were so busy trying to get rid of the infection, that they never realized that I had a heart defect. This was in 1951 in Montreal, Quebec.

I'm sure it will always make you curious since your Justin was a blue baby, and all that he has been through....and that you have been through with him!! How is he doing now?

My son, who is now 28.5yrs old, has no heart or lung problems. I count my blessings every day!

Lilly

Good for you.

Latest posts

Back