Missed dose . . . I think

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Cool

I got up this morning to take my morning pills BP, beta blocker, and Plavix, I noticed that last night's dose of of warfarin and beta blocker were still there. I went ahead and took it (12hours late) then I noticed that tonight's dose of warfarin and beta blocker were gone. The behavior of my heart last night could indicate that I missed last nights dose, but I am not sure if I missed and just didn't fill the box for tonight or if I took tonight's dose last night. I tested this morning and was 2.6, and was 3.2 last week which was about the same as the week before, but I can fluctuate that much normally. I take 9mg of warfarin each day. I know that if I just missed last night and took it this morning I would just continue on with my regular dosage after that. But, what do I do in a case like this:confused:

This has happened to everyone at some point. I usually just take a half dose and then resume my normal dose the next day. That way I will not drop or increase by very much. Test again in 3 or 4 days and you should find all will be well.

This has happened to everyone at some point. I usually just take a half dose and then resume my normal dose the next day. That way I will not drop or increase by very much. Test again in 3 or 4 days and you should find all will be well.

Gina's additional "Half Dose" suggestion is a Good Way to avoid going either too high or too low.

'AL Capshaw'

No, not everyone. Hasn't happen to me in almost 18 years. ;)

Thanks to my wife.
But, then, perhaps you don't remember that you forgot. ;):D;) Seriously tho - you are lucky. It has happened to me a few times in 29 years.

I would do what Gina suggested.

I can't remember if I ever missed a dose. ;) :D

I forgot my dose last Friday, 5 mg, increased Saturday's dose by 1/2 to 10 mg from 7.5 mg, then resumed normal dosing on Sunday evening(I take my coumadin in the evening), I'm testing tomorrow morning so will see where I am.

VR.com has provided great information that I felt comfortable with my dosing on Saturday. :)

I forgot my dose last Friday, 5 mg, increased Saturday's dose by 1/2 to 10 mg from 7.5 mg, then resumed normal dosing on Sunday evening(I take my coumadin in the evening), I'm testing tomorrow morning so will see where I am.

VR.com has provided great information that I felt comfortable with my dosing on Saturday. :)

Louise:
Your Thursday test should be whatever your normal range is since the dosage was corrected by Sunday.
I've done the same and tested about 3-4 days after resuming my normal dosing and my INR has been back to normal.

If I don't take mine when I start making coffee, I'll forget them as sure as the sun comes up each day.

I would take at least half of my dose! The way I have to take my meds is I turn the bottle upside down after I take it that day, then at night before I go to bed I turn them up right! It works great for me! Good Luck! I went to taking 1 med a day to 6, I hate taking meds. Good Luck!

I would take at least half of my dose! The way I have to take my meds is I turn the bottle upside down after I take it that day, then at night before I go to bed I turn them up right! It works great for me! Good Luck! I went to taking 1 med a day to 6, I hate taking meds. Good Luck!

This would never work for me. Have you any idea how many times I knock my bottles over during my cooking sprints in the kitchen?

I would take at least half of my dose! The way I have to take my meds is I turn the bottle upside down after I take it that day, then at night before I go to bed I turn them up right! It works great for me!
You don't have pets, do you? ;)
If I followed your system, I'd never know if I had taken my meds or not, thanks to my cats. Diane Sawyer, one of my 2 Norwegian Forest Cat kittens, would mistake the bottle for a kitty "soccer ball." :eek:

What could be more efficient, accurate, or simple, than a 7 day pill box......?
(my cat loves chasing empty pill bottles on the floor) :)

Diane Sawyer tries to isolate and scoop out pieces of Hill's T/D, which are large balls that help clean tartar off teeth, and then play soccer ball with them. Until her mother, Hoda Kotb, declares them her dinner. Sending Diane back to the food bowl for another soccer ball.
I just know she'd do that with my pill bottles, too.....

But, then, perhaps you don't remember that you forgot. ;):D;) Seriously tho - you are lucky. It has happened to me a few times in 29 years.

You make a good point but like I said my wife is the reason I've never missed a dose. You would have to know my wife to know how well she takes care of me or anything else she does. I've always told her, that she is the most perfect person I've met in my lifetime. Our daughters are 45 to 49 years younger and they can't come close.

But we've only been at it for almost 18 years... who knows how the next 11 years will go. ;)

Latest posts

Back