Marathon #54

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kodi

Today is the third anniversary for my valve replacement. Things are looking good. To celebrate I ran my 54th marathon on Saturday. Time was slowest ever, not because of the valve but because of getting older (71) and lack of decent training. My time was 5:24:57. :)

Today is the third anniversary for my valve replacement. Things are looking good. To celebrate I ran my 54th marathon on Saturday. Time was slowest ever, not because of the valve but because of getting older (71) and lack of decent training. My time was 5:24:57. :)

old? sez who?

how many 18-20 year-olds do you know who could beat your time?

how many that could even complete a marathon?

You Da Man!! Missed you at the Wineglass marathon this year. We have to meet up at next year's event!

And people say my running impresses them? Hardly in the same league as this. I've done zero marathons.

54 MARATHONS!
How fantastic is that! Congratulations. What's next, young man?

Thanks Tommy, next up is this coming Friday and Saturday when I will join 11 other members of our local running club to do a 12 person 180 mile relay thru Lake Mead National Park ending in Las Vegas. After that a 5K on Haloween and another, our local Turkey Trot in Nov.

You Da Man!! Missed you at the Wineglass marathon this year. We have to meet up at next year's event!
Thanks Tom. I loved the pictures Dave sent, everyone looks so good and healthy. Hopefully next one I'll be there. I like the ideas being kicked around.

And people say my running impresses them? Hardly in the same league as this. I've done zero marathons.

Thanks Jack, we do what we like and are happy with. There is no way I could get close to your 5K times again. Incidentally my 5K PR is 20:11 set at the age of 56. Your working hard for what you are doing and getting the results. Keep it up.

Thanks all for the wonderful comments. Marathons are just something I like but not as much as I did when I could do them under 4 hours:). I run with a singlet when it is warm enough, and it was after mile 9. The back of my single says "LIFE IS GOOD. AORTIC VALVE REPLACEMENT OCT 5, 2006". I get a lot of comments about being awesome and a hero, which is nice, but the ones I appreciate most are ones like 'thanks for the inspiration', my favorite this weekend was from an older gentleman who said "thank you for getting a message out to all of us". That is the exact reason I wear the shirt.
:)

Congratulations. That is really amazing. I cant imagine having completed 54. Can you name your favorite or most memorable? I have run a grand total of 3, and none in 10 years (last was New York '99), although in the last few days I have started looking at ING Atlanta in March.... We will see. Congrats again.

Congratulations. That is really amazing. I cant imagine having completed 54. Can you name your favorite or most memorable? I have run a grand total of 3, and none in 10 years (last was New York '99), although in the last few days I have started looking at ING Atlanta in March.... We will see. Congrats again.
St. George is my all time favorite, I guess that's why I keep running it every year. Beautiful scenery, the best volunteers ever, great organization and not real crowded. I'm not into the big races like NY, Chicago, Honolulu. I have a couple memorables, my PR run in Long Beach CA and the first ever Rock & Roll in San Diego. I was miserable for 26.2 miles in that one, I guess that's why it's memorable...and I have never done another R & R since.
Check out Running with Donna in Jacksonville in February. I did the 1/2 a couple years ago. Great race and all registration goes for Breast Cancer Research.

Wow! # 54!!! That's great!

I'm 43 and getting ready for my first Half Marathon this Sunday in Detroit. My goal for next year is a full Marathon :)

What an inspiration! Thanks for sharing!

Jeff, good luck on Sunday for the 1/2. We'll we anxious to hear all about it. It's a big stepping stone up to the half and a giant leap into the marathons. I really like the 1/2s better since training isn't as long and you get thru the event a lot faster, less beat up and a shorter recovery.

congrats KODI.

SRINIVAS

Aneurysmal dilation of aortic root and ascending aorta with dissection,BAV,mod.AR.
Mod. Bental DC Bono surgery with#25 mm St.Jude medical valved conduit
SurgeonsS: Dr K.s. Neelakandan,Dr.Sridar,Dr.Amreesh &Dr.Jagannatham CARE Hospital, Bangara Hills,Hyderabad,India

Latest posts

Back