Mainframe needs ALL your prayers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so sorry to hear this. I will be waiting to read that he has turned the corner and is on the path to recovery. He and his family will be in my thoughts.

Kim

My son was in this exact position so I know how hard that is. I will pray for strength for him and his family and for a full recovery. Worst case, I think Stanford does LVADs which are a great alternative to dying and allow patients to have a normal EF and live a relatively normal life. (my son was not able to come off life support without an LVAD)

UPDATE: GOOD NEWS!

I visted with Chris & his family tonight at Stanford. Chris has made progress (his heart failure has improved) and the plan is to close his incision tomorrow and wean him off the ventilator on Saturday.

UPDATE: GOOD NEWS!

I visted with Chris & his family tonight at Stanford. Chris has made progress (his heart failure has improved) and the plan is to close his incision tomorrow and wean him off the ventilator on Saturday.

Lets pray that they can close and not have to open him up again. He's far from out of the woods. Keep the prayers a going.

I don't know what to think. No news at all today. I decided not to bother chris's wife and just wait for an update. You guys should know what a saint she has been advocating for Chris in the face of the surgery postponement he could not afford, trying to manage all of the family members who have come in from out of town, and keep her sanity in the face of what has happened. I'm worried. I just sent her an email offering to be there anytime if she needed me for anything.

Well, it's several hours later and I called the hospital to inquire about Chris even though it's almost 2am. Of course, they referred me to his wife or brother and would not give me any information, but at least I was connected to the ICU desk so that's a good indication that Chris is at least still there.

I'm fearing that he may have to be opened again. As we know, the longer he's opened, the higher the risk for infections. Also praying it's not a renal problem causing the fluid back up though they said CHF. Just keep praying for now.

Latest posts

Back