Mainframe needs ALL your prayers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know what to say !
my fingers are crossed and my eyes are full , I hope Chris gets to the other side
I had it so easy and feel a little bit of guilt

I had just read this thread and will have Chris and his family on the top of my prayer list that God will give him the strength to get through this. Healing thoughts...

I'm fearing that he may have to be opened again. As we know, the longer he's opened, the higher the risk for infections. Also praying it's not a renal problem causing the fluid back up though they said CHF. Just keep praying for now.

I've been trying to remeber I know he only has one kidney and that was a concern, but I can't remember if he every got a Neph

UPDATE : HOLDING ON

Chris' wife just wrote me. She was waiting for the close to give out new, but it did not happen.

His single kidney seems to be doing OK, even better. There was talk of dialysis but that has receded, and they are tapering Lasix. He has had some form of cardiac assist pump since the operation.

He has had a fever since Thursday that has persisted but that is not considered a major concern, for some reason unknown to me. He is on big-time antibiotics.

The plan now is close on Sunday with permanent pacemaker lines.

Continued prayers and good thoughts needed.

Baby steps count in getting to the finish line ... glad to read Chris is making baby steps in the right direction. Hugs & prayers to all. Keep on going, Chris!

One step at a time and all our prayers and he will see it through to the other side and hopefully smooth sailing after that. Godspeed and prayers for Chris his family and his doctors and staff taking care of him.

Rhena

UPDATE:

Plan is still on for wound closure on Sunday am. News is that Chris has done well during short test periods off the ventricular assist device. So, hopefully closure on Sunday, but there will be a few additional steps and days before he is off the respirator and awake.

I spent a few hours tonight talking more with Chris' wife. If there were sainthood outside the Church, she would be my first nominee. Even without hearing her first hand account, I already KNEW she did a masterful job advocating for Chris so that he got the medical attention he needed when his condition worsened during the waiting period for surgery. The actual story is even more compelling and is a sterling example of supremely intelligent, focused, powerful advocacy when the chips were very down.

Thank God he has a strong advocate in his wife. I had to be absolutely brutal to everyone in the ICU because as Ross said about himself, they had given up on Joe, and were almost trying to "grease his skids" to the "other side".

It was a terrible period of time. I made many enemies, but Joe did survive to the point of being able to come home.

She will have to summon every ounce of strength to advocate for her husband, and she will have to watch every single thing that is done to him and ask question all along the way.

I'm glad things are improving, slowly babysteps are fine. It is good he is out of it for the most part. My Mom has her chest open for a few days (it was closed right after suregery and she had to go back and have it reopened)and she was awake for alot of it and she said it was a really weird feeling looking down and seeing her heart beat.
I feel for Chris wife, I know how tough it can be seeing your loved one go thru so much and how exhausting it can be keeping on top of everything and fighting for them. They are both in my prayers to have the strength they will need.

Latest posts

Back