Lori's Back!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorimacm

Hello everyone! I made it through!

I just read through all your posts and thanks so much for all your well wishes and prayer. I am feeling much better today. The first few days were alittle rough and the vent tube was really horrible. As I was coming out of sedation I started gagging and couldn't stay calm, so I think that was the worst part. Then once they gave me blood they could get me on more pain meds and I started to feel better. Feeling not too bad today - walked more this morning and eating alittle more too.

John stayed here last night with me and he got some good rest. I know he slept well because he snored pretty loud all night long. :rolleyes:

Dr. Shemin was wonderful, very professional skilled surgeon. He said my aorta is thin and we will need to keep an eye on it for aneurysm, but surgery went great. Valve is performing as expected and now just trying to get the coumadin dosage dialed in.

Thanks again everyone - I will check back in again in a few days.

Lori

Welcome Back Lori

Welcome Back Lori

Glad to see you back. Everyone was thinking of you. It sounds like your on your way to a nice recovery. Congrats.

Thanks for the update, glad things are getting better. It is always nice to see the first post from someone after their OHS

Oh Lori! It is so great to see you post and I am very glad that the last few days are behind you!! My worst fear "gagging with that breathing tube". Any tips?

Take good care of yourself and will keep sending positive thoughts your way. :)
P.S. I can definitely relate to the snoring! Did you bring earplugs?

It's been almost 18 years and I STILL remember that blasted vent tube. They had to tie my hands down because I wanted to rip it out!.

So now we add Snoring Husbands to one of the many reasons that Hospital and Sleep are 2 words that don't go together.

Wishing you a smooth recovery.

Good to hear from you Lori. I agree about the tube - that's the only thing that I would really dread should I need another OHS.

Hope you get home soon. Wishing you a smooth recovery.

Welcome Back!

Welcome Back!

Hi Lori! Congrats on making it over the mountain! Wishing you a continued smooth recovery. I was thinking about you all day on the 9th. Please tell your husband thank you again for his wonderful updates. So happy that you will be going home soon - bet you can't wait! Rest up, take it easy and keep us updated when you can.

Nadine:)

Hello Lori, Glad to see you are up to posting. John did a good job in your absence.

Ditto on the breathing tube. The first time I woke up they put me back under because I was trying to pull the tube out. Did not remember a minute of that. I did remember what I thought was my original wake up and dealing with it until they did eventually pull it.

We are happy to hear you are doing well. Things continue to roll downhill from here.

Rob.

Hi Lori!

It's just great to see you posting! You'll be home before you know it.

Don't feel too bad. That vent tube is the ABSOLUTE PITS!!!

Lori great to see you posting and wishing you well in your
continuing recovery

Great to see you posting again lori. I agree the vent is the worst thing. I too was gagging because they weren't suctioning enough. Hope you get home soon. And that recovery continues to go well for you.

Latest posts

Back