Lancets/Blood samples

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDMc

The last batch of lancets I got from Philips Raytel are different, and seem to be of a smaller gauge. I have been having a hard time getting enough blood, despite soaking fingers in hot water. Last week I week I went through 5 tests before I got enough. I have been getting different error codes on my Inratio too. I can't find any reference in my paperwork to tell me what they mean. I just decided to forgo this week's test after failing twice. I am supposed to buy this machine this week...Anyone have experience with these problems after a few years of testing? Advice? Thanks, Brian

What error codes are you getting?

I just go to the drug store and buy my lancets. Most people here use 21ga, but I prefer the thin 30ga. You may be one that needs those 21ga.

Bina: perhaps they are called CoaguChek Softclix Lancet. Mine are yellow too and at the bottom of the box it reads 21 gauge - Ross might be on to something - he's so smart :)

The last batch of lancets I got from Philips Raytel are different, and seem to be of a smaller gauge. I have been having a hard time getting enough blood, despite soaking fingers in hot water. Last week I week I went through 5 tests before I got enough. I have been getting different error codes on my Inratio too. I can't find any reference in my paperwork to tell me what they mean. I just decided to forgo this week's test after failing twice. I am supposed to buy this machine this week...Anyone have experience with these problems after a few years of testing? Advice? Thanks, Brian

They're sending me the orange ones. I liked the blue ones better & they were easier to re-cap. No idea what gauge they are.

Hello Brian
Like yourself I have trouble getting enough blood. My lancets are 21 gauge--I wish I could find some 10's--maybe veterinary supply?;)
The night before I soak my hands in warm water and put a band-aid on a couple of the fingers. By morning the skin is soft.

Thanks gang! The ones I am using are orange. I liked the old blue ones better. I even adjusted the lancet housing one notch deeper to no avail. Will try again Sunday, and let you know how it goes. Your valve bro, Brian

I find the bandaid trick works best for me - very hard to get a good drop without one - and I've been using the InRatio for nearly a year and never had any error messages so not sure what is going on with your machine???

Brian
My wife was having a problem getting enough sample initially until she began using the following method.
She grabs the target finger with the the other hand (thumb and index finger) and push the blood toward the finger tip a few times. Then she wraps the last joint of the finger with a string to trap the blood before taking the sample. She keeps a strand of dental floss in her CoaguChek case for this purpose. You can use any string.
She used to have a problem getting enough blood with warm water method and even with Protime Tenderlett that made a bigger cut in her finger. Now, she uses the CoaguChek SoftClix lancet and, with this "string" method, she lowered the setting one full notch and still gets enough blood for testing each and evey time
Hope this helps.

EJ

I just got an error code last week on INRatio Machine because I could not get enough blood onto the test strip. So I then ran some hot water in the sink, ran my hand over the water for a little bit, dried it & tried again with a new strip! I hated to waste another strip because they are expensive but this time enough blood came out for a reading.

The last time I ordered the lancets from QAS, they sent me a different kind, not as thin or as long as the ones I had previously. These ones are orange in color. The ones before were blue. I'm waiting to finish these off & hopefully, try to get some of the blue ones which gave me a better poke! :p

So lets gang up on them & demand they send us the BLUE!!!

Good luck friend!

Thanks gang! The ones I am using are orange. I liked the old blue ones better. I even adjusted the lancet housing one notch deeper to no avail. Will try again Sunday, and let you know how it goes. Your valve bro, Brian

I adjusted mine to go deeper too. Sometimes I'll poke twice right in a row to get a good drop. I've thought about talking to Phillips... maybe now I will since I know it's not just me.

I found the orange ones...Unilet 23 gauge

It would be nice if they standardized color coding for all manufacterers, but they don't. I've gotten my 30ga'ers in white, green and yellow before. Just have to make people read boxes before they ship or hand them to you.

Brian, I also prefer the 21 gauge.

On the last shipment from QAS they sent a box of 50 Unistik 2 in Extra size. That is the same as 21 ga. I like them much better than using the Autolet device. Also they are more handy to use and less to carry. And seems I get a larger drop of blood.

Friday, received my first shipment of test strips from Tapestry and they included a dozen orange 23 ga lancets. Will notify them I use the Unistik2.

Tapestry is on the ball for shipping supplies. I faxed them my info a couple days before.

Tenderlett

Tenderlett

For years I have been recommending the TENDERLETT.It makes a consistent 1.75 mm incision. Not near as painful as a stylet. Gets a consistent blood sample every time. More info @ www.itcmed.com. Questions? email
[email protected]

Box cutters work and cats work as well.

cid_25E000134DC847AF9D28C0C1F217233.jpg

Well here I am getting back to you a week later... Tested Friday, after soaking fingers in a mug of hot water for about 5 minutes. Got a good drop of blood, and no error code (I think one of the ones I got before was 118, the other was entirely different???). Glad I got a good test, as I had just paid for the machine. Have yet to hear from CIGNA, or QAS, so I guess I'll have to start hounding them. Thanks for all the replies. Your valve brother, Brian

Back