Just Thought I Would Check In....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harrybaby666

Hi All,

I have heard from very reliable sources that I needed to check in..LOL...so here I am.....it's been a nasty few weeks as I have had some sort of an attack which has left me with great difficulty walking and HUGE amounts of pain, and fatigue and one heck of a nasty rash that keeps coming back. I went to the doctor and it seems as if I have some type of rheumatic disease. We are thinking that it's Rheumatoid Arthritis, or it has been suggested that it could possibly be Lupus. I won't know anything more until I see the Rheumatologist on December 15th and I can't wait, as this is absolutely becoming unbearable. I am really worried because whenever I get sick like this, I tend to lose all interest in school work and I don't like feeling this way, but I can't help it.

I am also having some doubts about whether my health is good enough to be in school, although there is nothing I want more than to get my degree, but I am also having a very difficult time adjusting to school life again after being out of high school for 25 years.

As for the heart, I won't know anything more until I go back to Boston in January, as I pushed the appointments out to January because of this Rheumatic problem and I wanted to be able to tell the Cardiologist anything that I may find out in December.

I went to join in on the chat yesterday and found that I couldn't get in and hooked up with JimL on Yahoo, and I set up a room on Paltalk called "Harrybaby's VR.Com Members and Friends" If yall want to join in on Sunday...Jim Seems to like it and we can actually talk over the internet with this program. JimL also has the code to open up the room in case I cannot be on, but would look forward to anyone coming in and chatting with us. Yall can download Paltalk at http://www.paltalk.com if ya wanna join in...

Well, that's what's going on with ole Harrybaby at the moment and I promise to get my buns back in the forum more often.....:D:D:D

Good to hear from you.

About school, is there any way you could talk to the admin and take on a half-load or something, starting January, or whenever your next semeser starts? I got my diploma through continuing ed, and it was hard, as I had a full-time job, too. But worth it in the end . .could tell you a few stories about getting work re-scheduled to allow me to take a day-time class at one point, and always having food in my car, 'cos that's where I lived - only used the bed and shower at home :D

HarryBaby,
I'm sorry you are going through (another) difficult time. I just want to encourage you to keep working on your degree. Keep your brain growing! I went back to school in my late 30's and found it really tough, but the teachers were encouraging and I persisted and it changed my life. Every time I have read your posts I get a strong sense of strength and persistance -holy cow - 2,430 posts? Keep the faith,

Dale

Well Actually Netmiff....

Well Actually Netmiff....

I have a funny feeling that my acedemic advisor will be suggesting that...he suggested that I step it up and go full time, but then this latest health issue really must have got to him because he asked me when I went over my courses for January if I thought I should go full time......so I told him that I would register for full time, but if my ailment gets worse, then I will cut back....:eek:

Did you ever find it tough....

Did you ever find it tough....

HarryBaby,
I'm sorry you are going through (another) difficult time. I just want to encourage you to keep working on your degree. Keep your brain growing! I went back to school in my late 30's and found it really tough, but the teachers were encouraging and I persisted and it changed my life. Every time I have read your posts I get a strong sense of strength and persistance -holy cow - 2,430 posts? Keep the faith,

Dale

Thanks for the encouragement, but I want to ask you, did you ever find it difficult to be an older student? I have a good relationship with the younger students, but I have had a great deal of difficulty with some of the faculty...they seem to want to focus on the younger "Hip" students, and ignore the fact that there are those of us who are actually there to learn and not win a popularity contest.....Just thought I would ask and see what your thoughts were.:eek:

I'm going to start calling your wonderboy. Why for you come up with all this weird stuff? Thought I was bad. Pfffft, you got me beat buddy. :D

It's Horrid Ross, it really is....

It's Horrid Ross, it really is....

It just seems like there is something new every day that is failing on me......my pm to you should really explain how I feel at the moment.....:(

I don't remember the details of your schooling... what are you in for? And where? I work in a Registrar's office and might be able to provide you with info on alternative places/courses to finish your degree. PM me if you don't want to go into it here.

Hi All,

I have heard from very reliable sources that I needed to check in..LOL...so here I am.....it's been a nasty few weeks as I have had some sort of an attack which has left me with great difficulty walking and HUGE amounts of pain, and fatigue and one heck of a nasty rash that keeps coming back. I went to the doctor and it seems as if I have some type of rheumatic disease. We are thinking that it's Rheumatoid Arthritis, or it has been suggested that it could possibly be Lupus. I won't know anything more until I see the Rheumatologist on December 15th and I can't wait, as this is absolutely becoming unbearable. I am really worried because whenever I get sick like this, I tend to lose all interest in school work and I don't like feeling this way, but I can't help it.

I am also having some doubts about whether my health is good enough to be in school, although there is nothing I want more than to get my degree, but I am also having a very difficult time adjusting to school life again after being out of high school for 25 years.

As for the heart, I won't know anything more until I go back to Boston in January, as I pushed the appointments out to January because of this Rheumatic problem and I wanted to be able to tell the Cardiologist anything that I may find out in December.

I went to join in on the chat yesterday and found that I couldn't get in and hooked up with JimL on Yahoo, and I set up a room on Paltalk called "Harrybaby's VR.Com Members and Friends" If yall want to join in on Sunday...Jim Seems to like it and we can actually talk over the internet with this program. JimL also has the code to open up the room in case I cannot be on, but would look forward to anyone coming in and chatting with us. Yall can download Paltalk at http://www.paltalk.com if ya wanna join in...

Well, that's what's going on with ole Harrybaby at the moment and I promise to get my buns back in the forum more often.....:D:D:D

Harry.. Voice chat isn't going to work. It's been done before and it was a disaster. Everyone talking at once, talking over one another and that looks like chaos to me. I personally like YM. It works so why change it?
Just my 2 cents.

Christina, I offered it as a solution to the no chat on VR.com situation...

Christina, I offered it as a solution to the no chat on VR.com situation...

I will back off and leave things for you to run as you see fit. I just thought that it would be a good alternative, and as I have shown and explained to JimL, there are methods for keeping people from stepping all over each other....when some one wants to talk, they can push the "raise hand" button to let others know that they wish to speak, and quite frankly, I received the impression that he liked the thought of chatting vocally.

First you insult me quite a while ago with YOUR comment about my being on disability and not returning to the government to ask for more money because I became ill and was forced to file for disability and now this. Quite frankly, I have had it with you and your opinions I guess the time has come for me to leave Valvereplacement.com so that I don't have to deal with your 2 cents, which I might add in these two cases were not wanted or warranted.

I won't open up the room so that people can go back on Yahoo and let you run the show....

Hi Harry.
I'm glad to see you back posting and hope you drop in more often. I would encourage you to try and stick with school if you can. It is a hard road to travel but I'm confident that you will give it your best shot. We all rejoiced when you posted your progress after the first year.:)
Take care,
Mary

Harry ... great to see you! ... Hang in there ... only you know what you can and can't do ... and don't leave, use the ignore feature if you need to but don't leave ....Tom

Oh I won't leave Cooker....

Oh I won't leave Cooker....

It's just that I am really really angry with Christina right now and I tried my darndest to overlook her insulting me because of my being on disability, but with the comment she made earlier in this post, about the chat issue, well that just blew the hole in the patch job wide open again.....She always seems to know how to push people's buttons and I am tired of it. I only wanted to give the chat on Paltalk a chance to see if people would like it, if for no other reason but to have a back up if the chat on VR.com should fail as it has in the past so we could all have a good time, but obviously, that is not what SHE wants.

It's just that I am really really angry with Christina right now and I tried my darndest to overlook her insulting me because of my being on disability, but with the comment she made earlier in this post, about the chat issue, well that just blew the hole in the patch job wide open again.....She always seems to know how to push people's buttons and I am tired of it. I only wanted to give the chat on Paltalk a chance to see if people would like it, if for no other reason but to have a back up if the chat on VR.com should fail as it has in the past so we could all have a good time, but obviously, that is not what SHE wants.

Yo Wonderboy, come over to my house and watch how my buttons get pushed, THEN WATCH HOW I PUSH THE BUTTON! :D

Don't let words on the board tear you up. I had a Zen Master teach me this. ;)

Latest posts

Back