Just Call Me Dizzy

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget his brother Paul, who was "Daffy" Dean. Dizzy and Daffy Dean and the Gashouse Gang -- great era for Redbirds baseball.

See...when I posted last night, I was going to suggest that, perhaps, your dizziness was just because of the dizzying heights the Chicago Cubs have attained as of now...48-28, the best record in baseball, having just SWEPT the Chicago White Sox at gorgeous Wrigley Field.

But, I didn't mention that...because this is a serious topic...and I didn't want to seem like I was making light of it. But, ya'll opened the door....and I jumped right in!!!!

No worries, though...the Cubs WILL find a way to destroy this wonderful season...they always do.

Cort:34swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve&pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Baseball season is underway" ... Steve Goodman ... 'GO CUBS GO'

See...when I posted last night, I was going to suggest that, perhaps, your dizziness was just because of the dizzying heights the Chicago Cubs have attained as of now...48-28, the best record in baseball, having just SWEPT the Chicago White Sox at gorgeous Wrigley Field.

But, I didn't mention that...because this is a serious topic...and I didn't want to seem like I was making light of it. But, ya'll opened the door....and I jumped right in!!!!

No worries, though...the Cubs WILL find a way to destroy this wonderful season...they always do.

"Baseball season is underway" ... Steve Goodman ... 'GO CUBS GO'

Ah, Cort -- the Cubs indeed have reached dizzy heights, and that's hard for a Redbirds fan to process. :p Maybe this really will be their year. That would turn the world topsy-turvey for sure.:D

I'm not counting any chickens yet. After all, the Cubs lost to Baltimore tonight at Wrigley. The meltdown has started.

Heh...my brother-in-law, a Cubs fan, too, asked me Sunday night why I'm not enjoying this season yet. I told him because I know what is going to happen. Just like always, the Cubs WILL find a way to mess it all up and not get anywhere at the end of the season. He told me that was all the more reason to enjoy it now ... while we can. :) So....that's what I'm going to do.

*sighs*

I just wish Gram were alive to share this season with.....

Heading to PA this Thursday for the Monte Carlo Nationals near Pittsburgh, so I won't see the games this weekend when the Cubs play the White Sox on the S side of Chicago. Might be for the best, after tonight's loss....

"See the light come over now" ... Moby ... 'South Side'

So Bob, what's your BP?
Mine is always low....thank you Metoprolol....and I get some late day dizzy spells.
If I cut down the Meto then I have tachycardia, etc. It's a no win situation for me....Good Luck.

Well, just now, this morning, I had a 100/67 reading, which is rather low compared to my past readings, and I haven't even taken my morning meto yet. Lesson: I need to regularly monitor BP. It could be getting low at times. If I can let my GP know the fluctuations, maybe can get some adjustment on the meds. Thanks for the suggestions on this thread. They have helped.

SB - have you tried the time release metoprolol? You take it once a day and it acts for 24 hours. I'm wondering if that would give you a more stable BP rather than having highs and lows with the regular kind. Don't know if BP is your issue - but you may want to consider the 24 hour meto.

I take metoprolol for heart rate. My BP has always been low.

SB - have you tried the time release metoprolol? You take it once a day and it acts for 24 hours. I'm wondering if that would give you a more stable BP rather than having highs and lows with the regular kind. Don't know if BP is your issue - but you may want to consider the 24 hour meto.

I take metoprolol for heart rate. My BP has always been low.

No, I didn't know it was available in time-release form. Sounds like a good thing. Another question for my doctor. Thanks!

In Canada we only have the name brand version in time release and its only available in one strength....Lopressor 100 mg
So, I end up taking the meto in 3 doses each day because I don't last the 12 hours.

Sorry to hear the dizziness is troublesome for you. Please remember DO NOT completely stop that medication without tapering down off of it....can cause some nasty electrical confusion in your heart. Even at low doses. I like Karlynn's idea of the 24 hour kind also.

Question, though. Here in the Pacific Northwest, we had a very wet, cold spring. As a result, the allergy season is massive this year. People are miserable. Allergies can definitely make a person dizzy. Is it an unusual year in the mountains? Or. Did you just do some painting, buy a large new piece of furniture, buy a new car, carpeting, etc. etc.?? New clothes, new laundry soap, new favorite soda pop? If you have switched to a diet soda it could very well be the aspartame or sugar replacement stuff. That stuff is awful!!! I'm a real sugar believer because all of those things literally give me double vision and take my breath away I get so dizzy. Also, so many new products throw off fumes for awhile. If it isn't nature's allergies, crack some windows open and keep the house aired out a teeny bit. Maybe there is something in the house that is affecting you.

And that knee!! Bob!!! Are they just wanting to do orthoscopic surgery, or are you looking at a complete knee replacement. If it's just orthoscopic to repair a torn meniscus....you will feel so much better afterwards! If it's knee replacement, what about Synvisc injections to pad the grinding bone?? It's good stuff!! Why wait?

Best wishes!

Marguerite

Sorry to hear the dizziness is troublesome for you. Please remember DO NOT completely stop that medication without tapering down off of it....can cause some nasty electrical confusion in your heart. Even at low doses. I like Karlynn's idea of the 24 hour kind also.

Question, though. Here in the Pacific Northwest, we had a very wet, cold spring. As a result, the allergy season is massive this year. People are miserable. Allergies can definitely make a person dizzy. Is it an unusual year in the mountains? Or. Did you just do some painting, buy a large new piece of furniture, buy a new car, carpeting, etc. etc.?? New clothes, new laundry soap, new favorite soda pop? If you have switched to a diet soda it could very well be the aspartame or sugar replacement stuff. That stuff is awful!!! I'm a real sugar believer because all of those things literally give me double vision and take my breath away I get so dizzy. Also, so many new products throw off fumes for awhile. If it isn't nature's allergies, crack some windows open and keep the house aired out a teeny bit. Maybe there is something in the house that is affecting you.

And that knee!! Bob!!! Are they just wanting to do orthoscopic surgery, or are you looking at a complete knee replacement. If it's just orthoscopic to repair a torn meniscus....you will feel so much better afterwards! If it's knee replacement, what about Synvisc injections to pad the grinding bone?? It's good stuff!! Why wait?

Best wishes!

Marguerite

Thanks, Marguerite. I've never really had any allergies I'm aware of, but I will consider the possibilities.

As for knee, my last PT session was Monday. I don't think they even tried to get the prescription renewed because they didn't think I was making much progress (though I am continuing to do their exercises at home). On July 14, I have an appointment with the orthopedic doc who has a great reputation (has done successful knee surgeries for folks in my church). My first two appointments were with a physician's assistant.

Guess the ortho will discuss a game plan -- if he suggests the injection, I will try them. (I was squeamish when the PA mentioned them.) Perhaps he will authorize an MRI to see if some kind of surgery is needed. If that's the best shot, I am game, because I want to be able to take long walks again.

Appreciate your concern and advice.

I have the metoprolol time release in generic. I think is just recently became available.

Bob. The MRI is really going to be a helpful tool in this. Please insist on one. Orthoscopic repair is so easy and helpful. And the injections are weird, but I always take some extrra strength tylenol before I get them and the poke doesn't hurt that much, honest. I mean, we've all been poked with enough needles around here. The thing about the shot is that it doesn't take full effect for 6 weeks and then it can peter out after that. But what I found is that (and mine is for arthritic knees) it really helps right away, then tapers off, but then helps again for a really long time! And you can get them every 6 months if the insurance is good.

Anyway, I like being part cow and part rooster now!! (the injection comes from rooster comb......how did they think of that??). I'm a veritable barnyard!! :p

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Marguerite

Bob. The MRI is really going to be a helpful tool in this. Please insist on one. Orthoscopic repair is so easy and helpful. And the injections are weird, but I always take some extrra strength tylenol before I get them and the poke doesn't hurt that much, honest. I mean, we've all been poked with enough needles around here. The thing about the shot is that it doesn't take full effect for 6 weeks and then it can peter out after that. But what I found is that (and mine is for arthritic knees) it really helps right away, then tapers off, but then helps again for a really long time! And you can get them every 6 months if the insurance is good.

Anyway, I like being part cow and part rooster now!! (the injection comes from rooster comb......how did they think of that??). I'm a veritable barnyard!! :p

Good luck. Keep us posted.

Marguerite

Rooster comb? Who wudda thunk it? :) Sure enough, I found an interesting article about it...

http://www.personalmd.com/news/osteoarthritis_110199.shtml

Thanks for the very useful information, Marguerite!

Inner-ear is so non-specific---docs say we think it's that, but we really don't know. And there's nothing to do about it really except live with it. Frustrating.

You may want to see an ENT Doc (Otorhinolaryngologist - don't ask me how to pronounce it! :)

There's a pill you can put under your tongue to help prevent dizzy spells, or at least to keep them from getting too bad.

There are some special diuretics that help drain off excess fluid from the inner ear also.

Watch out for the "blow in your ear" test. Talk about the World Spinning. Have you ever seen your own Bial come up? or the Green Stuff? NEVER AGAIN !

Latest posts

Back