Johan out of surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So good to hear everything is going well. How wonderful of your daughter to update us. She sounds like a very special young lady.

Hope you continue to recover well and we look forward to more good reports. :)

Echo shows little fluid around heart but rest all as expected at this stage of the game. No regurgitation but we will only know for sure at the monthly followup. Sofar everything is happening as I expected thanks to all the good advice from all the wonderful and caring people on this blog. THANK you all so very much. Going home on Friday, everything being equal!! The girls will take computor back home with them, not safe to leave it with me overnight. JOHAN

Glad you are doing so well. Keep up the great recovery and soon you'll be home getting some rest and relaxing. We all know you can't get that in the hospital.:)
Thanks for keeping us updated. God Bless.

Good news we are both on the other aide of the moutain. I a, home had my avr and aortic repair June 30.

Please send along my wishes for a smooth recovery. Good luck to you also, and remember for the next several weeks he is going to need your help. Sometimes it will be at an inconvenient time, but please just bear with him and help him please. I'm sure you will be surprised at what returns in favor. This is in fact besides the good you will find in your heart thereafter for this.

It is now exactly 4 weeks post op and I dare to say I feel nearly normal. Having my echo etc. on Moday 3rd Aug. Hopefully be allowed to drive in another week or two, getting cabin fewer, alone at home with the girls at school and at work! Thinking of taking a taxi to the mall to get some stuff for the animals and house. But a bit apprehensive doing it on my own. To date my surgery and recovery went like clockwork, few complications in hospital and a scare when I flossed too vigorously and had a bleeding gum. Phone surgeon and immediate massive dose of anti-biotics. Only issue at the moment is a little bit of fluid in lungs and wheezing at night. My surgeon saw me last Saturday (bless his soul! He insists that I call him with any concerns), and am on broncho-dilators for a week then X-rays if not cleared. Then we take it from there as he put it, hope nothing too invasive. How do they normally deal with this fluid problem? Johan

Latest posts

Back