Joe's in the hospital again

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:(

So sorry to hear about Joe. Hospitals are the pits and there's no way around it. Don't forget to eat, sleep, and take care of yourself.

Marcia

Hi Nancy

Consider prayers a done deal. Will be thinking of you and Joe. Take care of yourself and watch that weather tomorrow if you're going to the hospital.

Evelyn

Nancy,
Add me to the list of people who are concerned and praying for both of you. Keep us posted if you can.
Steve

Gosh, Nancy, what can I say to add to what everybody has already said! I have come to rely on you so much since I found this site. My prayers for you & Joe.
Marge

Nancy,

Sorry to hear about Joe. You both are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep all of us upated on his progress. Remember to take care of yourself too.:) May God bless you both.

Nancy,

Sorry about Joe. I will pray for his speedy recovery. He is very lucky to have such a good wife. Make it sure you take of yourself too.

Good bless.

Estrella

Nancy,

I am so sorry to hear of Joe's hospitalization. I know you will keep all those medical people on their toes. God bless you.

not good

not good

I'm genually sad to hear that Nancy. You two will be be in my thoughts.

Med

Nancy..Hope we hear from you again soon with a GOOD update on Joe. You take care, too. bonnie:)

Nancy,

I won't tell you to be strong because I know you are but I will say ... know you're surrounded by our loving community and prayers. Let us know how it's going each day. Tell Joe that we're with him in spirit.

I'm sorry, Nancy.

With love,

Nancy, Sorry to hear that Joe is in the hospital, but it sounds like the best place for him right now. The diarrhea would throw off his electrolytes and that could cause irregular heart beats. Hope you get everything sorted out soon and Joe is home soon. You both are in my thoughts and prayers.
KathyH

Nancy -

Nancy -

So sorry I missed this yesterday. Nancy, I'm sending Joe and yourself all my positive wishes for a speedy resolution. I hope this is really just a precautionary measure until they get to the bottom of it. That fluid management can be more of an art than a science.

Please take care of yourself and - well, you know the drill.

All my best...

Johnny

Just got back from the hospital. I have a new man! He lost 9 pounds of fluid between yesterday and today and feels much better. They did a culture on his "intestinal" problem and discovered it was his old nemesis c.diff (clostridium difficile) which is a really, really bad intestinal bug, so he's on Flagyl for that and it seems to be helping.

The last sticky wicket is his heart rate which is a little high, and they had to take him off Atenolol. They feel it might have caused some of the problems. He has had a bad reaction similar to that with other beta-blockers. So I'm not sure what will happen there.

I suspect he'll be there until early next week, when they want to do follow-up blood chems to see if things have improved.

So far, so good. I'm glad I brought him sooner rather than later. He didn't want to go at all, it took a little "Irish", but it was the right place for him. And once he got to the hospital he started feeling very poorly, so was glad to be there at that point.

Thanks for all the nice comments, it's so nice to have support when you need it.

Nancy, I may not get to read the board every day, but be assured that you and Joe are in my daily prayers. So glad that thing are on an improving trend -- I can stop holding my breath for a while.

Nancy and Joe,

Glad to hear that things are looking better. I still have you covered with the prayers.

Nine pounds of fluids is really something. I would guess Joe feels much better getting that out of him.

Keeping you both in our thoughts.

Walter

Back