Joe's in the hospital again

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whew! Nancy, may God continue to replenish your stamina and to grow your wisdom. Poor Joe, he has to go through so much.

Was the fact that it was a viral problem mean he got a touch of the flu bug? In his condition, isn't any diviation from norm apt to present more trouble than a person in good health?

Hope this will soon be over and just a distant memory.

Heck of a way to start the New Year!

Heck of a way to start the New Year!

Sorry to hear that Joe had to be admitted to the hospital again. I'm glad that he is improving.

Regards,

Nancy,

Sorry to be so late here with my wishes. I hope Joe continues to improve which I am sure that now he is at home with you that he will certainly start to feel better. Nothing beats the feeling of getting discharged from a hospital.......;)

Whew, what an odyssey. Nancy, you and Joe are surely lucky to have each other.

As for the hospital, after last fall and my mom's experiences there, I have lost a large measure of confidence for the hospital system, and one here in particular.

Continued prayers are with you.

Ram-

I guess there is a viral diarrhea thing going around, and it's true that Joe seems to pick up many things that a healthy person could throw off. And he gets it much worse than most people. I think his immune system is not what it should be. This is why I try to get him help at the first symptom, rather than waiting to see what will develop. Past experience has shown us that things develop rapidly, severely and weirdly.

I do believe the real "nasty" in this whole situation was the Atenolol which caused the ascites. There is no other explanation for it, since I keep his diet almost devoid of sodium, except for whatever trace sodium is inherent in the food itself. Joe has had no ascites since his discharge from the hospital last January (2003). It reappeared just after the Atenolol was added.

Any time we have a loved one in the hospital, it seems to be best policy for someone to be with them as long as the hospital will allow it. Things just aren't like they used to be. The very serious surgical units are quite good, but other units have many problems with short staffing.

Keep your Chin Up!!

Keep your Chin Up!!

Nancy -

I just logged on to the Forum to see this unfortunate news. I will be praying for you and Joe. I know with you by his side he will be all fixed up in no time.

I know how stressful it is but I know you will keep your chin up.

By the way - despite the Doctor's grim prognosis for my Dad - he has made some improvements over the last 3 days and is stable.
We just have to keep on keeping on.

My thoughts & prayers are with you,

Tammy

MVR 04/06/89
AS

WOW Tammy-

I am so happy to hear about your dad. I've been thinking of him and hoping that he has a turn-around. Like Joe, he'll need things taken care of sooner rather than later. Best wishes to him.

Dear Nancy:

Wow..............can't believe everything that happens in such a short time. So glad Joe doesn't have c-diff. I know that one is a toughie. Nine pounds of water. Whew. Please tive Joe our best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Unfortunately, I totally agree regarding non-critical care. An advocate is a MUST if a person is hospitalized.
I will be thinking of you both all day, with love.
Marybeth

:)
Hello,
I would like to introduce myself. My name is Lorraine, or Lori either will be fine.
I came across this board, and found it just my cup of tea..

I am a CHF patient, and had Rheumatic Fevers as a child.
I had three open heart surgeries. The last one in 1993 was to replace the Aortic, Mitral, and a ring around the Tricuspid.

I have been in and out of hospitals, for CHF...when it happens as you all know, I cannot breathe very well..

Now, I received news last week, my doctor says my Mitral Valve is leaking...Enough is enough I thought. He wants to observe me very closely, mentioning to me that they can now do surgery by an incision on the side...Less invasive, but a longer time for surgery...I need to know this...noooo..:rolleyes:

I will see him this week, and see what his thoughts are. I mentioned I cannot go through a fourth one...Not for the pain, I guess I can endure it with medication...It's the emotional wreck my family goes through...as I am sure you all have been through the emotional part.:(

Oh Nancy,
I am so sorry to hear about Joe. Please take care and we all will pray for you and Joe.You have been an inspiration for a lot of us members. Even though I don't get on here much your post are one of the many that I look for first. Please keep us informed and know that you and Joe are in our thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated and God Bless and Take Care.

The patient is home and happy to be there. He's tired, but is feeling much better. Have to retype his list of meds, several changes there.

Thank you one and all for all the wonderful posts, it helped a lot.

Welcome LoriZee--

Nice to have you here. You're among great friends who know and understand what you are going through.

In the words of a wonderful song, "Consider yourself at home, consider yourself one of the family"

Your first post deserves to have a thread of its own, so it doesn't get buried. Copy and paste it into the Heart Talk or Pre-Surgery Forum as a new thread.

Feel free to ask any question you might have. We have lots of opinions here :p

Best wishes.

Nancy-I'm new to the site, but having read many of your older posts I have a real good sense of both you and Joe. I'm so sorry that you've had such a difficult time in recent days. Thank goodness Joe's back home and feeling better!
Sue

Nancy,

Know that you and Joe will be in my thoughts and prayers. That Joe is one tough guy - he really is - and he is very lucky to have you for a wife.

Sometimes a person needs a "tune-up" and I'm sure once the doctors get Joe in fine tune, he will be out of the hospital and feeling better than ever!

God's blessings and peace to both of you -

Christina L.

Thanks Nancy and Joe

Thanks Nancy and Joe

I appreciate the warm welcome. You seem to be a super couple.
To have someone by your side in a time of sickness, is a blessing.
Yes, I intend to check these boards every day.

Everyone seems to be very nice and understand..

Hey, we've all been there....some more than once .
:rolleyes:

Thanks,
Lorraine

Nancy and Joe - Glad to hear that you two are both home. Hoping all goes well and that Joe is sinking his teeth into one of your wonderful meals as I key this in. Sorta nice to know there wasn't anything major isn't it ? Godbless - Chris

Dear nancy,

I was gone for a few days and just saw this thread today (1/19)
Hope that Joe will be better real soon. Glad he's home again and that it wasn't too serious.

Nancy..so glad Joe's home. Now, you give him some extra TLC..:D :D :D Tell him we said Hello and we love you, man.:D :D :D Bonnie

Latest posts

Back