Joe is in the hospital

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe and Nancy:

I hope you two feel all the caring and earnest thoughts and well wishes coming your way.

Only the best,

P. J.

Nancy - Joe - all the positive thoughts and hopes I can muster are headed your way. Hang in there, we're right there with you.

Nancy,

You and Joe are in my thoughts. I am praying that everything goes well. It is understandabe why the surgery makes you worry.

Let us know if you need anything!

Michelle

Good Thoughts Winging Your Way....

Good Thoughts Winging Your Way....

Nancy & Joe.

Let Me Add My Prayers For A Speedy Recovery From These Troubles.... :)

Thanks for all the well wishes and prayers for Joe. They must be working.

The final consensus on the spleen is that they want him to retain it as long as possible, so surgery is not indicated. He still has pain which is about a 7 or 8 on the scale. It comes and goes fairly quickly. He's back in afib, darn!

Tomorrow, they will make the decision whether to do a TEE on Monday. I really want to know if his valves are spitting off clots and causing the spleen infarcts. The cardiologist said tonight that even it the valves were spitting off clots, what they would do would be to use Coumadin and Joe is already on it, but they might raise the level from 2.5-3.5 to 3-4. The other reason to do a TEE is to make sure the valves are functional, but his recent right and left heart caths showed good function, and what they could see on the echo of yesterday looked OK. He was the card who monitored the echo. They used their new machine which was supposed to be excellent, but even that had trouble seeing everything.

They had stopped his Coumadin anticipating surgery, so will be restarting again tonight. The cardiologist said that they could do the TEE with anticoagulation.

If nothing else shows up, I guess Joe will be home in a day or so.

He surely is a three ring circus!

Thanks for taking time for an update, Nancy. You must be exhausted! :eek: That's good news and we hope that you will be taking Joe home in a day or two.

Thank you for letting us know the latest. You and Joe are still in my prayers.

I will pray that the news gets progressively better. Hope they find out what is really going on. Take care.

Thanks for the update, Nancy. I sure hope they're giving Joe some good pain meds--7 or 8/10 is feeling pretty lousy! You say he's in A-fib "again," has he been in and out recently? Couldn't this be a source of emboli?

I hope he's feeling better soon, Nancy, and that you're doing some eating and some resting.

Take care!

Well, the report sounds better anyway. I just hate that he is in so much pain. I'm hoping for the very best for the two of you. You are surely in my prayers.

Hi Nancy

Thanks for filling us in on Joe's status. It definitely sounds much better than anticipated......

Be well, know that you are both in our prayers, and keep us posted.

Thinking of you.

Evelyn

Thank you, Nancy, for taking the time from your busy day to bring us up to date. It sounds better than yesterday. This being Sunday, while we are in church, we will send extra prayers, especially for Joe - and you. We all get upset when Joe is suffering. You two are very special to us.

Latest posts

Back