Joe is in the hospital

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

Yesterday, I brought Joe to the hospital ER. He had shortness of breath and sharp stabbing pains near his kidney area in his back.

The unusual thing about this is that he has no CHF, his lungs are clear and his oxygen level was at 99 in the ER.

He was examined at length. It doesn't appear to be an overt heart or lung problem. They did a CAT scan, there is no kidney stone. But his spleen is very enlarged and there were dark areas of unknown origin in the spleen. He has chronic spleen and liver enlargement due to his right-sided heart failure, but this is more than ordinary for him.

The SOB and sort of panting is apparently an automatic response to pain in the body near the thoracic area.

I am not sure about the final diagnosis or even what could be done about this.

This morning I spoke with Joe and he told me that the pain is now radiating around to the front near the spleen, and much bloodwork was being done.

I'll let you know when there is something to talk about.

Say some prayers for him, please.

You've got them. Always have too. I do hope he's not fixing to have another mystery case. If there is anything I or we can do, let me know.

I hope Joe's situation is already figured out and that he's feeling better very soon. All the best thoughts and prayers for both of you.

Many prayers, hope he is feeling better very soon, love the pup

Sorry about your husband's illness. I certainly add my prayers to everyone else's and send best wishes to you both.

Wise

Nancy, You and Joe both have my deepest prayers

Nancy, You and Joe both have my deepest prayers

You both have been through so much.....My prayer is for you both to get through this with all the speed and grace that God can give. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Harrybaby :D :D

Nancy,
Did they check his gall bladder? What you described, sounded like when
I had a gall bladder attack. As always- tell Joe I am thinking of you both. :)

Keeping Joe firmly in our thoughts and hoping the mystery pains turn out to be nothing nasty!!

Lots of love
Emma
xxx

Here's hoping the Doctors are able to pinpoint the source of Joe's pain and develop an appropriate and effective treatment plan.

As always, take care of Joe AND yourself Nancy.

Best wishes for a quick resolution.

'AL Capshaw'

Back