It's Been a Year!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake777

Hello everyone, just wanted to let everyone know my anniversary for 1 year was this month on the 12th I believe. Had the ONX valve replacement.
Want to thank you once agian for getting me through the really tense and emotional days before and after surgery.

Everything is okay except I still cough up blood from time to time, but they did echos and says the valve is okay, so really just don't know what it is. Had some more old blood come up this morning, a lot of it.

I have come to believe it's when I lay on my back when I sleep because sometimes when I do that while taking a nap I wake up with a bloody taste in my mouth, yuck! Something tells me this is just not right, but my doctors have checked everything. They say it might be the coumadin.
Had tons of lung tests before surgery, this did happen very tiny bit before surgery, but not like what I see now.

Getting ready to go on vacation but really am worried because I have broken out in the worst rash down the inside of my arms and on the back of my left hand and the blood thing. Benadryl dries the rash when I take it but it comes back in a few days, thinking it's just allergies with all the pollen blowing around here, hopefully.

Thanks again for listening.

Blake, congrats on the one year anniversary. That always seems to be a big one...like you realize that you have survived this and life really does go on.

As far as coughing up blood, I think you have to go with your gut on this one. I really believe that if your inner voice is telling you something just isn't right, it probably isn't. I'd have to go and get myself some second and third opinions about that if it were me. Even if (and hopefully there is) a very benign reason behind it, I'd have to know what that reason is. So, go on your vacation, and really enjoy yourself, and then come back and try and get to the bottom of it.

Kim

kfay, thanks for your reply on this. Sounds like a plan, will get to the bottom of it after I go and try to have a little fun for a change. In the back of my mind it seems like there will be some issues, but for now just going to relax. Like I said they have done everything, I feel okay just sometimes I feel really worn out, but I think it's when my neurontin wears off that I take for my nerve pain in my back. But other than that I seem to be moving right along.

CONGRATULATIONS BLAKE ON #1 !!!!!

I would definitely check the blood situation out, with another dr. If if were me, I would do this BEFORE VACATION.

Congratulations on one year blake777!
And the rash definitely sounds like an allergic reaction to something. Plus the bleeding would concern me as well! I agree with kfay, in that I'd follow your gut on this one! Could just be an allergic reaction to a certain medication? Or your esophagus was injured during surgery? I don't know. I'd get those checked first. Best wishes & prayers for you, ~Karen

Thank you all so much for your advice, I will get this thing figured out soon. It does not happen all the time just sometimes and I believe it's just when I sleep on my back. But I have been to the ER like twice maybe three times and they kept me overnight, tested me and found nothing. Doctor's and surgeons just don't know where it's coming from so they say it's the coumadin.

Thanks again all!

Back