It's a family affair....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcia58

Hi everyone! More details later, but just a quick note for now to let y'all know that it is looking like my 70-something mom is probably looking at mitral valve surgery, too. Right now I think she's in the denial phase. You know, "how can this be? maybe it's a mistake. i'll live healthier and that will fix everything."

Thoughts and prayers appreciated, as my sibs and I try to support and guide Mom through this "adventure"!

Sorry to hear this Marcia, I'vee had my Son and mom go thru a couple heart surgeies and that is both tough emotionally in different ways. One good thing since you had surgery and recoverred well, when your mom does come to see she does need surgery she has you to see it can be done and it wont be as scarey because of not knowing much that goes on and helping someone thru it already.
You're all in my prayers

Marcia:
Good luck through this.
It's an odd feeling having a family member go through almost the same procedure. Been there, done that!
I was able to help my husband avoid some discomfort/pain thanks to my experience. But I knew too well what could happen (and luckily didn't).

Marcia,

Thoughts/prayers en route....

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker + cowValve | 5 MCs + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.hobbies.RadioShows.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"It's time to take a leap of faith" __ Steven Curtis Chapman __ 'Dive'

Latest posts

Back