INR Adjustment

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Petros

I am on Warfarin for over two years now. In order to maintain my INR at about 3.0 I have been taking 11mg and 12.50mg day by day. This dose required minor adjustments during these two years. However, a week ago when testing my INR (at home) the results showed my INR to be 4.3. Since then I am trying to reduce this again at 3.0 by reducing my daily dose to 10mg. While at the past a slight adjustment in Warfarin was adequate to reduce or increase my INR, it is now impossible to manage and reduce it at less than 3.8. My today's dose was 9.0mg.
Is there any explanation to the above? I did not change anything concerning my eating habbits and I repeat that at the past a slight reduction or increase of my daily dose (-+1mg) was adequate to produce results in just a couple of days.

Petros, I would stay at the dose that took you to the 3.8 for a week and test. You are showing a trend down from the 4.3 to 3.8. Changing dosing too often will put you on a yo-yo(up and down) and is hard to stabilize. 3.8 is nothing to worry about.

Have you changed your activity / exercise level recently?

A reduction in activity could cause your INR to increase.

'AL Capshaw'

Latest posts

Back