Inr 1.4 !!??

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sORRY I DIDN'T MEEN TO TAKE THIS THREAD BUT I COULDN'T FIGURE OUT HOW TO START MY OWN THREAD

You need to back out to where you see the Forum Names,
either on the First Page that comes up when you check in,
or in the boxes in the Right Hand Column after clicking on "New Posts".

Then Click on the Forum Name.

There will be a "New Thread Box" at the upper left corner of the next display. Click on that box and fill in the Subject Line before writing the contents of your post.

Thank you so much for youR quick response. Al thanks for explaining this to me, i will give it a try. Sorry for butting in "wcasey5", i hope you get your inr straightened out soon. Thanks for always being here guys it is such a reasurance knowing i can always come to this site for support and answers. Cathy

No problem, its all good information and if everyone gets help thats great.

About my funny feeling, I think its definitely real and due to the drug. I can feel it travel through my system up through my head and to my toes. I definitly feel weird for about 1.5 hours after giving muself a shot. And my head is all fuzzy.

I'll report back my Monday INR. I'm just debating with myself if I will take the shots on Saturday or not.

No problem, its all good information and if everyone gets help thats great.

About my funny feeling, I think its definitely real and due to the drug. I can feel it travel through my system up through my head and to my toes. I definitly feel weird for about 1.5 hours after giving muself a shot. And my head is all fuzzy.

I'll report back my Monday INR. I'm just debating with myself if I will take the shots on Saturday or not.

You sure they gave you Lovenox and not some contrast dye instead? :D

Seriously, I've never heard of anyone experiencing that.

It's not going to hurt if you do take the stuff over the weekend, but I have a gut feeling your in range right now and will be going out of range on the high side by tomorrow.

the dye, yes! I had it once and it feels just like that, except only 1/10th as intense and slower. I'm Weird. :p

It's not going to hurt if you do take the stuff over the weekend, but I have a gut feeling your in range right now and will be going out of range on the high side by tomorrow.

I think you are right, I have a 63 mile bicycle ride on Sunday, and next week the family is going to Virginia Beach. I didn't want to be worrying about my INR being rediculously hight during those events.

When I have been on Lovenox, and I think it has probably been about a dozen different times, I find I bruise and bleed MUCH more than when I am on just coumadin. Everyone is different but if you take a spill you are in for some nasty nasty bruises! Be careful and I hope you have a wonderful time. If you are having a reaction to the Lovenox you may give some serious consideration to stopping it totally.

Ross, I feel a similar way when I've had to take it as well. My legs feel all creepy crawly for several hours. At first, thought it was something else, but as soon as I quit, it went away, when I started back up, it came back!

I'm ultra sensitive to meds, so if I ever need to take Lovenox again, I'll let you know of any reaction.
The time that I took it was at 3 weeks post op, so I was still under the bus....:(

update ::: If I were to guess, I'd say my INR is throught the roof. Just my feeling and a little blood in my urine. I won't find out until Monday.

I would have checked that INR yesterday.
Lovenox is not meant to be used in conjunction with an INR that has hit the target range, so you could very well be "very" anticoagulated right now.
Is there any way to pop into a local ER or Lab and have a test?
Are you still on that ridiculous loading dosing that your doc prescribed?

update ::: If I were to guess, I'd say my INR is throught the roof. Just my feeling and a little blood in my urine. I won't find out until Monday.

I've had visible blood in my urine only twice in the time I have been on warfarin. Back when it happened to me, a shot of vit K did the trick. Today, there is probably a better protocal. If it were me, I would go to an Emergecy Department at hospital or clinic. You are probably right about your INR being "through the roof".

I'm guessing the blood in the urine is due to the Lovenox. I'd also avoid a Vit K shot. It will drop your INR and be very hard to bring back up as Vit K is stored in fatty tissue and has a longer lasting effect. If they feel they need to bring down a high INR - request fresh frozen plasma. Get an INR done and go from there. I'm guessing you're well in range by now. Today was the last Lovenox anyway wasn't it? You just need to make sure your INR isn't going too high. (But again - I'm guessing the blood is from the lovenox.)

Its probably from the Lovenox, last time I went there was no blood. And it was a trace, but I could see it. I've tapered down from my "boost" dose and have taken the last lovenox shot. I think I'll have a nice spinach salad.

I've called some local labs and none of them have INR machines, the local hospital is the onle place to get an instant reading, all the rest have to draw blood and have a 24 to 48 hour turn around time, fail!

It's your call, but if you showing blood now, you really need to go to the ER. I would definately stop the Lovenox!!!! I'm not a doctor and shouldn't say that, but.......

It all seems to depend on combinations of factors: what kind of valve, diet, etc.

Even though I'm not supposed to "diet the dose," if I notice a worse than usual bruise, I head for the spinach; if my INR has been a little low (2.3) I have an extra glass of wine. So far, even though I was really low at first (as low as 1.5, and it took a while to get to 2.0), I was never on Lovanox because the danger with my valve seems to be on the other end (in fact, my worst and scariest bruising episode occurred when my INR was 3.9). Since then, moderating diet and being sensitive to body-clues has kept my levels between 2.3 and 2.7. So, if you're newly post-op, stay in contact with your "people" and expect fluctuations. But also don't miss doses. Taking anticoagulants should be as natural as breathing (and taking your other life-saving meds).

went for my test this morning, the result ....... drum roll ...........

How did I do this? Well, I basically went back to my regular dose on friday, and I did NOT follow instructions. I stopped taking the Lovenox on friday night. Basically I felt great on thursday and friday morning, then I started feeling like crap on friday afternoon. I took my last Lovenox shot friday night, and cut back on my recommended warfarin. I strarted feeling better on Saturday, and Sunday I felt great and went to Lancaster PA and rode my bicycle 32 miles. I could have done more, even though it was 91F out.

5376_143612685357_700490357_3731499_6412984_n.jpg

here I am at one of the covered bridges

Hey - so what does this do for our wager???? If you didn't follow their instructions, just how was I going to win with my high INR predictions? I think you need to pay a penalty by talking us all out to lunch. ;)

I'm glad you're in range. And you've learned a lot. In a year - you'll be here giving the advice.

And great photo!

Your INR is now 2.6 :) It's a good thing that you backed off the crazy doses that had been assigned to you.
If you have a daily agenda or calendar that you use, make note of your dosing and exercise for future reference.
Great Picture.

Latest posts

Back