Inauguration

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read that Kennedy got sick at lunch and had to be taken to the hospital.

I'll admit that I've only been "glued to the tv" for 3 inaugurations, and only one was by choice! I mentioned Nixon earlier in 1972, but the inauguration was actually in January, 1973. My 5th grade teacher had it on all day, or at least whatever parts they showed on tv. The second was Ronald Reagan in January, 1981 and the only one I chose to be glued to. He was the first president I voted for and such a charismatic speaker. He remains my favorite president in my lifetime. The third was Bill Clinton in January, 1993 and my dad was having outpatient surgery and the inauguration was on the television in the waiting area. I had a month old baby that I nursed while watching the festivities! I'll also admit that the one in 1993 was an exciting time, but I wasn't very excited!

Hmmmm.......Maybe the new President has figured out a way to get rid of some of the old players! Just kidding, of course!

I have been mad at politics and how "the game" is played since I was old enough to vote. 1st Bush HW. I personally think that Obama has been given a great chance at doing something great for our country. He has talked a good game and I truly feel he is a patriot with the right ideas. I just hope that the house and senate will follow his lead. The only thing I can't stomach is his VP. Biden gives me that used car salesman feeling. Just give him a plaid jacket. Hilary doesn't scare me as much as the thought that her husband is back in town. LOCK UP YOUR DAUGHTERS.

Since everyone else is chiming in, I feel I can safely say that I didn't vote for, nor do I trust, Obama. Best wishes and all that, but I'm very skeptical of him and far from being in his corner. I love lots of people who love him though; I care about those people, just not for him.

I have been mad at politics and how "the game" is played since I was old enough to vote. 1st Bush HW. I personally think that Obama has been given a great chance at doing something great for our country. He has talked a good game and I truly feel he is a patriot with the right ideas. I just hope that the house and senate will follow his lead. The only thing I can't stomach is his VP. Biden gives me that used car salesman feeling. Just give him a plaid jacket. Hilary doesn't scare me as much as the thought that her husband is back in town. LOCK UP YOUR DAUGHTERS.

Nice, IF people could hold their tongues about Obama (or Obamas) Today,the least the "winners' could do is not be rude about the Clintons.

1213836180887ak0.jpg

Folks, lets not start down a road that is going to end up with this thread being deleted. We are a wide range of folks of all diversities and thinking. This thread is not about the past presidents or the future, but about January 20th, 2009. Lets keep it to that please.

I'm glad that many people picked up the idea of my post. I didn't start it so people could again express their opinions about him or the past president. Was he my choice for president? No, I'm very conservative on monetary policies and somewhat conservative on social policies. My "choice", or at least the one I thought would be best from the candidates at the time, didn't make it through the primaries. The election took place 2 months ago and the primaries were long before that. For the sake of my ulcers, I have to admit defeat and move on!

President Obama is our president for at least 4 years, God willing, so we have a choice...sit back and bad mouth everything he does (I did that with Clinton, but looking back, it really didn't make a difference) or support him and our nation. I doubt I will agree with everything that he does, but then again, I never have, even with the presidents that I voted for. I pray that our nation will pull out of this recession, I pray that our nation will get a handle on rising healthcare costs and the problems in education, I pray that our nation will find the right way to address the influx of illegal aliens, and if President Obama is the man that can help with those things, wonderful! I know it's not completely in the hands of the President, but maybe the majority in Washington will respond better to another Democrat.

I'm sorry if anyone took offense to my post. Please accept my appology, it was meant as a Joke. I know my son won't remember any of it, but I did make him watch it. It was truly a momentus occasion that will be considered one of the greatest of this century. It could quite possibly go down as one of the biggest in the history of our country.

Last edited:
I'm sorry if anyone took offense to my post. The jab at Clinton was a joke. Everyone knows he has an eye for the ladies. I didn't vote for him but I do vote, and I have voted in every election since I was 18. And in hind sight he was good for our country at that time. He did unite the country on way or the other. So again I'm sorry if I offended somebody.

I took it as such. I just don't want the thread to jump the tracks and go off into another topic regarding past presidents, future presidents etc,.

I give Barrack my blessings. The path in front of him is not what anyone would want to try to fix, but he's promising to try and that's at least a start.

Norma,
Which didn't you like? Her inaguration dress or the ball gown? I thought the dress for the swearing in ceremony was nice, but I wasn't especially impressed with the gown she wore to the ball later.

Latest posts

Back