Inauguration

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa in Katy

I know we aren't supposed to be political, and I'm not starting this thread to cause any issues, but......

I caught a bit of the swearing in ceremony and President Obama's speech this morning and couldn't help but get a chill. Whether or not you voted for him, this is an exciting and historic time in our nation. I'm hoping that the country will pull together in support of our new President. After all, his success would be a benefit to all of us.

Best wishes to President Obama and America!

Here, Here. When we look around the world and see how other countries change leadership (or fail to change leadership) we realize how truely blessed we are. Not perfect, but blessed, nonetheless.

I agree. Like him, love him, or hate him we have a new president. We are facing challenges beyond measure, truely dangerous times. He will have my prayers and support.

I echo the same sentiments......he is our leader now, like it or not & we have to stand behind him in support.

I pray that the Lord keeps him safe as he attempts to get our Nation back on the right track! :)

He has my respect as President but, sorry, not everyone is excited about his being elected.

I respect him as our President but I will wait and see if he lives up to the tremendous amount of adulation (near worship) the Mainstream Media have given him. I thought his speech was okay but no memorable Kennedyesque lines.

A very historical day for the USA. He wasn't my candidate either. Actually, my candidate didn't make it to the "finals". Do I want him to be successful? Yes!...If his policies are good for our country. That remains to be seen. However, I wish him well and it is my sincere hope that he proves all the skeptics wrong - even me. :) For that means we will all be better off.

I've watched pretty much all day, even while I was on the elliptical at the gym.;)
President Obama was my candidate, but I always watch the inaugurations and would have watched just as intently if it had been John McCain taking today's oath of office.

I too have been glued to the set. President Obama was our candidate as well and I am very proud of our country today and feel very strongly that he will bring all parties together for good results. Wishing him Godspeed!

He has my respect as President but, sorry, not everyone is excited about his being elected.

To my good friends Gina & Karlynn--I will try to be excited enough for my good friends! I really appreciate all the sentiments expressed so far. It has never been more important that our leaders get it right.

And I hope everyone noticed (and appreciates) the remarkable absence of references to "I" will do this or "I" will do that. I hope we can pay more attention than ever to coming together to address our problems-national and global.

Actually, Bob, I've noticed how beginning practically on the day after he was elected, the media has seemed to turn against him a little with stories about his questioned citizenship, stories about his senate seat (somehow blaming him), less flattering photos, etc. I guess they're hedging their bets and preparing to dog him for at least the next 4 years!

Gina, when I said exciting, I was referring to the historic event of swearing in a new president. I remember the inaugurations back to Nixon in 1972, some more vague than others, and I believe they were all exciting.

Karlynn, when I refer to a president's success, I mean as far as doing what is good for the country, not just himself or a select group of people, so I do hope that President Obama experiences true success in that regard.

I truly understood what everyone was saying and I am just fine with not being excited about either the election or the inaugaration. I sincerely hope I can revisit this down the road and admit to being wrong - THAT would make me excited. I am happy for all of you.

I truly understood what everyone was saying and I am just fine with not being excited about either the election or the inaugaration. I sincerely hope I can revisit this down the road and admit to being wrong - THAT would make me excited. I am happy for all of you.

My thoughts exactly.
I did find it rather interesting when I went to watch HSN instead, THEY had the inaugaration on.(but of course sold the Obama coins, trading cards and blankets afterwards :) )

I just hope our joint Congress gets a clue. They seem to dismiss that, as low as President Bush's approval ratings were, theirs were always a good 5 points lower than that, or more. I think people are saying "It's time to stop politics as usual." Bipartisanship does not mean getting the other guy to vote your way. I'm hoping that President Obama can steer our congress to a middle ground where it's not winner take all.

On another note - politics aside - it was good to see Sen. Kennedy looking pretty good at the inauguration. I guess you can't keep an old war horse down.

I'll admit that I had a huge sigh of relief knowing the Bushes power is no more. As for Barrack, I think his intentions are all cool, but in reality, he's just a man and it's going to be nearly impossible for him to do much of anything for a very very long time, if at all. Sorry, he can talk a great game, but it's congress that has to approve the game plan and politics is still very much alive and well in D.C.

I just hope our joint Congress gets a clue. They seem to dismiss that, as low as President Bush's approval ratings were, theirs were always a good 5 points lower than that, or more. I think people are saying "It's time to stop politics as usual." Bipartisanship does not mean getting the other guy to vote your way. I'm hoping that President Obama can steer our congress to a middle ground where it's not winner take all.

On another note - politics aside - it was good to see Sen. Kennedy looking pretty good at the inauguration. I guess you can't keep an old war horse down.

Did you see he had seizures during the lunch and left in an ambulance? (Kennedy)

Latest posts

Back