I'M Home

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcat96

HI EVERYONE
I am home with my new onyx valve. 5 day hospital stay not bad..it went sometihing like this 4 1/2 hour surgery...St jude valve was planned but my valve was so small needed to make a last minute change to onyx for better fit. In ICU at 8pm. woke up with 102.5 temp and ice packs all over my body...then a full body rash from one of pain meds...throwing up from another pain med...1/12 hr bloody nose..very sick to stomach..to getting tubes out and wires out on day 3 to feeling like a new person and so ready to be home!! I got home last night, got up this am took a shower and walked my daughter to end of driveway to get bus!!!
Thanks for all support and well wishes...and To BARBARA She came to meet me in person while at hospital for her own follow up dr. visit. great to see her and she was a true inspiration to me to stay positive...Barbara you look fantastic one month out!!!!!
Take care
Dana

Dana,
I'm sorry you had the reaction from the pain meds, but it sounds as if you're doing great today!
I'm glad you got to meet Barbara . . . what a wonderful display of support!:)

Glad to hear your home.
Specials prayers and thoughts that you may now have a boring recovery.

Take it easy and be good to yourself.

Well nothing like home,good to hear you are back
wishing you all the best and a speedy recovery.

zipper2 (DEB)

Sorry you had such a bad time with the meds. You do sound like you are doing great now! I am happily impressed! All the best, Brian

Dana, I'm glad you are home and feeling better. Wishing you a smooth and quick recovery.

Dana ~ I'm glad you made it home. Sorry to hear about your experience with the medications. Hope your recovery is easy from now on! Best Wishes, Dawn-Marie

welcome home!

welcome home!

Dana,

Sorry to hear of the rough start to your recovery. My best wishes and prayers go out to your for an uneventful recovery. Take good care,
Wanda

Latest posts

Back