I'm ba-ack

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigOwl

Although I had a rough couple of days, I'm doing considerably better today and even had a couple of visitors. Little Owl and Owlspouse have been superb supporters, even though they apparently got the crap scared out or 'em when the surgeon told them I might have had a stroke. My extubation was worse than I expected it to be because I couldn't communicate the fact that I was gagging, not getting nauseus (another reason to have some communcation "flags" if family members happen to be in ICU at the time). Since my room was my ICU my family were there as soon as I was settled in.

Since the WiFi in the hospital tends to time out quickly, I just thought I'd check in and let you know that I did make it to the other side, almost got an ON Ex but they needed something bigger because of all the junk they had to clear out, so got a Carb(owhatever) 21. I'll fill in the details when I don't have an O2 pinky thingy and wasn't pooped from waling 1200 feet and breathing my guts out into that damnable resperation therapy machine. The spirometer is a piece of cake by comparison.

Thanks again for all the support,prayers, vibes, and karma. Turns out I needed them. More soon--home Tuesday I think. Love to all, and I can't even hear it!

I am THRILLED to hear from you. Sorry you had a rough time of it. Thanks for updating, even tho little owl did a great job it's good hearing from YOU

Wow!!! You are fantastic!!! Back among the living and thinking so soon!!! I don't think I could finish a sentence logically for the first few days! Stroke?? I don't think so!

Congratulations! Hopefully the worst is behind you and it's smooth sailing from here on out.

Very best wishes to you!!!!!!!!!

Marguerite

Excellent work ! Glad to hear your heading in the right direction. Get your rest and do you best to choke down that yummy hospital food. I know the hospital wasn't happy with me but around day 5 I felt like eating something more normal and had the wife smuggle in a QP with cheese from McDonalds, talk about forbidden fruit !

Thanks again and again for all the support. After they pumped me up with two units of blood yesterday, things improved considerably, I got the Big Deal over with (you know--that milestone before which they will not let you leave the hospital), only went around the "block" once, but have done 500 feet twice already today.

I wish I had felt up to all the great food, actually ctguy--no smuggling necessary here, just a bit more of an appetite. Had scrambled eggs, a blueberry muffin, decaf tea (didn't have to be decaf) with lemon, and cranberry juice for brekkies this morning. I'm thinkin' little individual pizza for lunch.

After I get home and have more time when I'm not being stuck or otherwise having things done to me (and after I get the O2 thingie off my pinkie), I'll post about this amazing hospital. Only 28 beds, spacious, bright, cheerful, and with an absolutely devoted staff.

I'll be seeing the surgeon this afternoon, getting a shower (with hair wash!) and getting ready to go home tomorrow. The only thing holding up the show is the coumadin level (a little high today at 4, they want it 2.5 to 3.5 before I go home). So once again I get to make use of the amazing archives on this forum, and go onwards and upwards from there.

You've all been so great that I'm truly not sure what I'd have done with out you. But special thanks to Marguerite, Lyn, Sue, Bill (TakeStock), and our Fearless Leader, Ross. My journey has been much shorter than many, and I get my life back sooner than most, it seems--but the VR world would be a much poorer place without y'all.

Oh, and Little Owl is already planning a book--mostly about cooking with coumadin (somehow that doesn't sound quite right). And believe me, this forum will get top billing.

OMG, that shower when you get to wash your hair.... is there anything better???

You sound fabulous! Now don't overdo it!!!! These things have a way of knocking you sideways for awhile if you get too exhuberant. 500 feet is a great distance.... you're not in any race. And if they keep you in hospital for another day for coumadin watchfulness.... oh well! Sounds like the food and service is pretty darn great there!! You'll be home soon enough.

Keep up the great work!

Marguerite

BigOwl, thanks for the special thanks. Hopefully I helped your journey be a little more smoother. Once you get out of the hospital, you'll find it gets better real fast. The best hospital in the world cannot match the comforts of home. I'll be looking forward to hearing more about your adventures.

I can't believe you can write so well at this stage. I am jealous!Keep it up!

We need an icon of a little guy jumping up and down. Congrats and God bless. How lucky we are to live in a time that these problems can be fixed,

Excellent work ! Glad to hear your heading in the right direction. Get your rest and do you best to choke down that yummy hospital food. I know the hospital wasn't happy with me but around day 5 I felt like eating something more normal and had the wife smuggle in a QP with cheese from McDonalds, talk about forbidden fruit !

Scott,

I wish you could have seen what my hospital called meatloaf. I was ready to hurt my husband who was trying to feed me small bites for my health and nutrition.....then when we get home I overhear him telling everyone that the meatloaf looked like dog food. It was really pretty scary, esp. when you aren't hungry!

We need an icon of a little guy jumping up and down. Congrats and God bless. How lucky we are to live in a time that these problems can be fixed,

Here ya go. Save it and upload it to your album:
Very20Bouncy.gif

Latest posts

Back