I thought this post would be reporting on my annual Cardio visit...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wayne.. Thanking God you are ok.. what an ordeal! Sorry to hear about your bike..but wow.. that kind of accident on a bike.. you are fortunate for sure..
Praying for speedy healing!

Wayne, I'm so sorry to hear of your wreck, even more so because I just gave my husband the nod last month to get a "big boy bike" as he calls it. I worry every day he rides it. I'm glad that you are still here with us and hope that you can recover quickly.

Kim

Sorry to hear about your accident! I hope you can get your confidence back once you are healed.
Wishing you all the best,
Dale

Wayne, I am sorry about the accident, but very glad to hear from you! Do keep us posted. Your valve bro, Brian

Wayne ,glad to see you here,sorry for circumstances though
How frightening this is just reading your post.
Praying for your full recovery in this and sorry for you, it has
happened and your harley can be replaced in time
Sends shivers to me....But your safe and thats what counts
GodBless and hugs to all the angels he sent over you in time of need

Wayne,
As a "recovering" gearhead, I can sympathize with your feelings about the bike, but we do have to keep things in perspective. No matter how nice it was, there are other bikes out there. But there is only one "Wayne" to go around. I'm glad you're on the mend and that things are under control. Take care of yourself first, worry about all else later.

Thank you for your kind thoughts and well wishes. Deep down, I realize I am very fortunate to have been blessed with a second life saving event (the first being the mitral valve repair), and I am trying to stay positive. I'm going to the Hamilton Trauma Centre today and hope to learn more about what my recovery plan is expected to be. I suspect the need for a fairly lengthy dose of physiotheropy for my left arm. Apparently I had surgery to reconstruct the arm as all the connective tissue at the elbow was torn away and the arm muscles were essentially floating loose on the bone. When they remove the arm brace for cleaning, etc, I still can't bend my arm at the elbow.

Interestingly, during my stay at the ER I became known as the motorcycle accident victim who also had a history of heart surgery because of my tell tale heart surgery scar. I actually spent more time talking about my heart surgery experience with the staff and the other patients than my motorcycle injuries. We're certainly a well respected lot ;)

I wish I could say that you shouldn't give up your mototcycle riding- since
this is what my heart tells me and the way I feel, but with the way people
are driving today(everywhere) and the lack of consideration mixed with total
carelessness, you are probably making a safe decision. I'm glad to hear that
you are okay, and that your heart repair feels to be doing well also.
Very sorry about the loss of your beautiful bike.

Good to hear from you,in spite of the reason - Dina

Thank God you are doing so well,alove and still HAVE all your limbs, mangled as they may be. I worked for years in a major trauma center and saw how bad car vs motorcycle patients can be. It sounds like you have a long recovery ahea d of you, and alot of work, especially your arm, but I'm sure your attitude will help your recovery. I'm sorry for the total loss of your bike, I know it is more than just a machine to people that love them. I'll keep you in my prayers for the best recovery that is possible. Please keep us posted.

Wayne,

I'm sorry about your accident, and am glad that you managed to come through it with all of the important stuff intact. You are in my prayers for full recovery. Perhaps in time your wife will see that your motorcycle riding is important to you, and that your record in general has been excellent. The fact that it was the other driver's fault should be an argument in your favor. Also give this time, both for your body to heal and her emotions. Please continue to let us know your progress.

Chris

Back